Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Has anyone seen this hazard come on their HRV before? Its something to do with the City Break Assist feature, just wondering has anyone fixed this themselves or had to take it to Honda for a service?
This has to be covered by warranty if I'm not mistaken?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife just called me with this exact same warning light showing in the car. She has driven home (slowly) and after about 10 minutes of driving the warning has disappeared.

The car had been sitting parked in the sun, (very hot day in Australia) and the warning light was on when she started the car. Our only thought is that the car has gotten so hot that the CTBA sensors are unable to function as it has gotten outside its operating range, (the warning does have a little thermometer logo beside it?), and once she has been driving for a while it has cooled down and the warning light has disappeared. I know you get warnings about temperature operating ranges for electronics/laptops etc, so I assume this car sensor may be the same??

I will be checking the manual when I can and also be following up with Honda on the next service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh wow, i also live in Aus by the way, this also happened during a real hot day.
The issue has now gone away and hopefully won't come back. We did nothing but leave the car off for a few hours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's the CTBA camera that is overheating as indicated by the thermometer icon. It's no big issue as once it cools down, the warning goes away. I think it states it in the manual as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
lucky I didn't get that yesterday. car was parked in the 45 degree heat.
I used sunshade on the windscreen (I wonder if the sensor is actually around the dash somewhere, therefore it didn't get cooked up by the sun directly).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Aussies.....I had the same thing happen to my wife whilst driving out new car with about 500 kms in the dial.
It was hot but easily bearable and the day wasn't what I'd call extreme.

I mentioned it to Honda head office direct who gave me a priority reference as my local dealer had no idea about the light and I've heard nothing......great!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Aussies.....I had the same thing happen to my wife whilst driving out new car with about 500 kms in the dial.
It was hot but easily bearable and the day wasn't what I'd call extreme.

I mentioned it to Honda head office direct who gave me a priority reference as my local dealer had no idea about the light and I've heard nothing......great!
how hot was it?

apparently the sensor is inside the rear view mirror.

"The Honda HR-V VTi-S and VTi-L were further equipped with:

• City-Brake Active System (CTBA): operating at speeds between 5 and 32 km/h, CTBA used a radar sensor located in the rear view mirror to monitor the road ahead. If a potential collision was identified, the driver would initially receive visual and audible warnings. If the driver failed to respond, autonomous braking would be applied to avoid or mitigate the severity of a collision"

·
Registered
1 Posts
CTBA warning light

we also got CTBA warning light on our new Honda HRV almost unnecessarily. To me looks like Honda HRV has manufacturing defect. Honda should rectify these sensors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Downunder we have 3 models of the HRV.
All petrol (no diesels and no 4wd).

Base model is a VTI, my model next up the feature list is a VTI-S and the top of the range VTI-L.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Downunder we have 3 models of the HRV.
All petrol (no diesels and no 4wd).

Base model is a VTI, my model next up the feature list is a VTI-S and the top of the range VTI-L.
Yeah, I'm in Australia too.

So you're driving the same as mine. Have you spoken to dealer about it at all?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, I've got it in today for the first 1000kms service and it has been noted.
Service tech had never heard of the issue and despite me contacting Honda HO and a given a priority notation about 3 weeks ago, I've heard zip.

I get the service done next Wednesday and the tech reckons they will attach a computer to it and see what possible fault shows up.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Update from service department.....it's becoming a known question by owners.

It seems that according to "the Man" that there is nothing wrong with the sensor other than that it is getting too hot and as the owners' manual says.... redirect cold air up onto screen.....terrific yeah.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the message today - not surprised as it was over 40 degrees where I was in Sydney. I had a reflector on front screen but it was not covering rear view mirror. Probably made it worse as it would have reflected the sun back onto the mirror from inside! Thanks everyone for letting me know what it was. I searched for CTBA in owners manual but nothing came up.
Forums are the best!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I am also in Australia and have a 2015 HR-V VTI-L, this warning started appearing in the middle of winter for our HR-V. The message did not have the thermometer as part of it with ours, the message would come on randomly and would some times come on everytime you started the car for a few days straight and then go away and not come back for a few days.

We just had our 30000Km service and told our dealer about the issue, after the service they informed us it is the CTBA module. I may be wrong but I think this is the module that is behind the front bumper, not certain though :). So I thought I would put this here so people can see there is another type of CTBA warning issue, not just the camera overheating. Still love our HR-V been the only issue we have had in the three years we have owned it. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this happen in my HRV today after sitting in very hot sun. Look at page 117 of manual where it shows the symbol and explains that this may occur in extreme temperatures when the area around the laser sensor are high.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the senor replaced first &
the computer module replaced this afternoon. I drove out of the Service Department and stopped off at the shops, when I got back into the car the CTBA warning light came on again so I drove straight back to the Dealership. I have a 2015 HRV Vti-S luckily this all started while still under warranty. I don't think they know how to fix this problem yet.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts