Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
how hot was it?

apparently the sensor is inside the rear view mirror.

"The Honda HR-V VTi-S and VTi-L were further equipped with:

• City-Brake Active System (CTBA): operating at speeds between 5 and 32 km/h, CTBA used a radar sensor located in the rear view mirror to monitor the road ahead. If a potential collision was identified, the driver would initially receive visual and audible warnings. If the driver failed to respond, autonomous braking would be applied to avoid or mitigate the severity of a collision"
I also have a 2015 HRV and I have the same CTBA problem. It first appeared at night when it was cool. I manage to change the settings on the dashboard and the CTBA message disappears for few hours and then comes back on. Sounds like a defect with our models

·
Banned
609 Posts
This is what I found on Google.. This is a system developed by Honda to detect and prevent a pending forward collision. This system, 1. Detects a pending forward collision and warns the driver by an alarm and by a message on the information display 2. If the driver does not respond to the warning and the possibility of collision increases, it

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
This is what I found on Google.. This is a system developed by Honda to detect and prevent a pending forward collision. This system, 1. Detects a pending forward collision and warns the driver by an alarm and by a message on the information display 2. If the driver does not respond to the warning and the possibility of collision increases, it
I noticed your post was cutoff. Here's the rest of the description. It looks like the problem is that the front collision warning sensor is overheating.

What is CTBA?
This is a system developed by Honda to detect and prevent a pending forward collision. This
system,
1. Detects a pending forward collision and warns the driver by an alarm and by a message on
the information display
2. If the driver does not respond to the warning and the possibility of collision increases, it
automatically applies brake and a loud buzzer sound is produced.

City Brake Assist. City Brake Assist (CTBA) is specifically designed to help avoid or mitigate low speed accidents. While driving at speeds of between 5km/h and 30km/h, the CTBAgives audible and visual warnings to the driver when the system recognises a high risk of collision.

·
Banned
609 Posts
I knew it was cutoff. When was this feature first available in the US market? I noticed in the above post by Tony that it happened at night when it was cool...do you know it's limits or problem areas?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I knew it was cutoff. When was this feature first available in the US market? I noticed in the above post by Tony that it happened at night when it was cool...do you know it's limits or problem areas?
Go back one page. This is a problem with Australian HRV's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also have a 2015 HRV Limited Edition in Australia. The car has been faultless for three years. Now I also have the City Braking warning lights showing randomly. After checking the user manual, I made sure the windscreen was faultlessly clean, not parked in hot weather, reset it etc.

Does anyone have an answer yet, please? I am sure this is going to cost me big money as the car is just out of warrantee.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Follow up to my earlier post. I have just removed an etoll receiver that I had placed just below the windsceen equipment shading. This was almost in line with the rear vision mirror laser. The warning has gone off, but I am not confident that is the problem, and it will stay off. The Etoll tag has been there since the car was new and the CTB hasn't been a problem until now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The CTBA hazard lights shows up on some days, other days, it doesn't. I'm guessing Honda has a faulty sensor. I'm yet to find a solution. I drive it once and it stays on, turn off for a few hours, turn it on again and it's gone. Probably something to do with moisture getting up there? But it does work, it activated once, when i nearly hit some person who decided to turn left last second.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Follow up to my earlier post. I have just removed an etoll receiver that I had placed just below the windsceen equipment shading. This was almost in line with the rear vision mirror laser. The warning has gone off, but I am not confident that is the problem, and it will stay off. The Etoll tag has been there since the car was new and the CTB hasn't been a problem until now.
Follow up to the follow up. Removal of the extolled did nothing . It’s back on again. I have turned it off altogether now.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Removal of the Etag did nothing. The CTB is back on in fits and starts. Just phoned our Honda dealer where service told me they have found its the first sign of the car's battery failing. Will book it in next week for a battery test and service and see what the result is.
The saga continues :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I could actually see that, if your voltage is so low and fluctuating... Sensitive electronics can do strange things. Hopefully that's all it is, this car has a notoriously crappy battery

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I found a solution today. You need to start the car (not engine, don't step on brake) until radio turns on, then start it again until the fan turns on (battery mode) then step on brake and start the engine. It won't show up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Group;
New member to the forum here, so please forgive any protocol errors...

I have a 2016 build VTi-S (the mid range model) here in Australia, and am getting a similar warning as discussed here, but it is coming up as an orange warning on the RH dashboard cluster - slightly different to the picture posted earlier in this thread.

Can anyone advise if it is indeed the same radar type warning as mentioned above, or is it something different - if so, what?

Vehicle has about 38,500 kms on the clock, and is in a cool climate area (at the moment) so overheating of anything shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance!

Tim.
Honda HRV - CTBA Warning.JPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Tim,
Welcome to the forum. I had exactly the same problem in my 2015 Limited Edition. As sceptical as I was it was fixed with a battery replacement. Aparently my dealer uses it as a warning the battery is about to fail. Cheers Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Tom - I wasn't sure as I didn't think this particular level model has the collision radar stuff - but I could be wrong!! The vehicle still starts beautifully, no indication of anything getting "tired" yet; however, I will keep your observation well in mind...

Tim.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine was starting also, but apparently the voltage drops a bit before final failure. Could be worthwhile getting an Auto Electrician to test it anyway. Good luck with it.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts