Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. So it's my turn to get the CTBA warning but not the temperature one. What I've read is possibly the battery needs changing. Taking to the dealership next week but need a bit of reassurance that all will be ok? It's been on and off but here in Sydney it's been stinking hot. But if it was the temperature causing the fault the other warning would come on and not my orange one. Please see attached thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, same as mine. Sceptic about a new battery, but it fixed the problem. At least have it load tested. Now have another issue with the start button warning. Good luck Cheers Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
These problems usually start around the 4-5 year mark. The start stop button issue is that the contacts have oxidized. Take out the start stop button and clean the contacts with CRC or WD40 contact cleaner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi
Does anyone know what I should click or do when it says check system ctba?
I think what you're seeing is a warning that the sensors in the windscreen pod are overheating and hence the system may not work temporarily. It's described in the handbook.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
211 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Laughing Gor's advice fixed my problem. I have delayed this post just to make sure this is actually a cure - it worked with my stop start problem. I actually purchased another stop/start button, but before opening it, pulled the original one out - an easy task - sprayed the contacts with WD40 contact cleaner and its been working for a month. Thanks guys - so much for the dealer quoting $400 au for the part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These problems usually start around the 4-5 year mark. The start stop button issue is that the contacts have oxidized. Take out the start stop button and clean the contacts with CRC or WD40 contact cleaner.
Mine is 3.5 years old & just hit the 38.5 k mark, fingers crossed this fixes it! Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Laughing Gor's advice fixed my problem. I have delayed this post just to make sure this is actually a cure - it worked with my stop start problem. I actually purchased another stop/start button, but before opening it, pulled the original one out - an easy task - sprayed the contacts with WD40 contact cleaner and its been working for a month. Thanks guys - so much for the dealer quoting $400 au for the part.
Now have a spare stop/start fitting still in plastic wrap. Since the WD40 contact cleaner treatment the original is again (still) working fine. Nice to have a spare just in case.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts