Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. So it's my turn to get the CTBA warning but not the temperature one. What I've read is possibly the battery needs changing. Taking to the dealership next week but need a bit of reassurance that all will be ok? It's been on and off but here in Sydney it's been stinking hot. But if it was the temperature causing the fault the other warning would come on and not my orange one. Please see attached thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, same as mine. Sceptic about a new battery, but it fixed the problem. At least have it load tested. Now have another issue with the start button warning. Good luck Cheers Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
These problems usually start around the 4-5 year mark. The start stop button issue is that the contacts have oxidized. Take out the start stop button and clean the contacts with CRC or WD40 contact cleaner.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi
Does anyone know what I should click or do when it says check system ctba?
I think what you're seeing is a warning that the sensors in the windscreen pod are overheating and hence the system may not work temporarily. It's described in the handbook.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
290 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Laughing Gor's advice fixed my problem. I have delayed this post just to make sure this is actually a cure - it worked with my stop start problem. I actually purchased another stop/start button, but before opening it, pulled the original one out - an easy task - sprayed the contacts with WD40 contact cleaner and its been working for a month. Thanks guys - so much for the dealer quoting $400 au for the part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These problems usually start around the 4-5 year mark. The start stop button issue is that the contacts have oxidized. Take out the start stop button and clean the contacts with CRC or WD40 contact cleaner.
Mine is 3.5 years old & just hit the 38.5 k mark, fingers crossed this fixes it! Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Laughing Gor's advice fixed my problem. I have delayed this post just to make sure this is actually a cure - it worked with my stop start problem. I actually purchased another stop/start button, but before opening it, pulled the original one out - an easy task - sprayed the contacts with WD40 contact cleaner and its been working for a month. Thanks guys - so much for the dealer quoting $400 au for the part.
Now have a spare stop/start fitting still in plastic wrap. Since the WD40 contact cleaner treatment the original is again (still) working fine. Nice to have a spare just in case.

·
Registered
286 Posts
lucky I didn't get that yesterday. car was parked in the 45 degree heat.
I used sunshade on the windscreen (I wonder if the sensor is actually around the dash somewhere, therefore it didn't get cooked up by the sun directly).
From the 2019 USDM owner's manual:

This camera is located behind the rearview
mirror.
To help reduce the likelihood that high interior
temperatures will cause the camera’s sensing
system to shut off, when parking, find a shady
area or face the front of the vehicle away from
the sun. If you use a reflective sun shade, do
not allow it to cover the camera housing.
Covering the camera can concentrate heat on
it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,
Has anyone seen this hazard come on their HRV before? Its something to do with the City Break Assist feature, just wondering has anyone fixed this themselves or had to take it to Honda for a service?
This has to be covered by warranty if I'm not mistaken?
Greetings.
I have a 2017 HRV bought new. Now with 30,000kms. Just had a service at my Honda dealer and straight after got the warning alarm to Check the City Traffic Brake Assist System.
I took it back to the service dept & they said it is a sure sign that my battery is on the way out. After 3 years I don’t think so, but we have not been using it much during the COVID19 shutdown. I took it for a longer drive today ~ 20kms as against 5kms. The alarm went next time I started it.
I think it is a sign that the battery charge is lower (having not been run far over many weeks).
I guess the car is in “standby” mode (like my TV) when it is “off” because it must activate immediately with remote unlocking etc. Bottomline? Give your car a good run weekly to ensure the battery is well charged at all times.
I expect my battery will last another 2 years if I continue to look after it.
Let me know if this helps you.
Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem today after parking my Honda Grace in the sun for pretty around three hours. When I switched on the Engine, CTBA Radar appeared on the screen with an icon of termometer. I was really frightened and thought it must have happened because of the high temperature outside. I put some water on the started engine and thought the warning sign will go away but it persisted ! talked to the Honda Dealer but he had no answer. I just continued driving and after about 10 minutes the sign disappeared and left me wondering why did it happen?
(Prof. Dr. Zia muhammad)
Mardan, Pakistan.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts