Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My mother in law has an HRV (I'm not sure which year) but her center console cup holders are too large for the thermoses she uses and has expressed interest in an insert of some kind to make them smaller. Does something like that already exist? My googling has mostly just produced mats to insert for easy clean up and nothing to actually allow her to adjust the size of the opening.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You can search this Forum and find some hits. Below is one thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased an insert off eBay (search for "Auto Car Water Cup Holder Storage Boxes Container Tray For Honda Vezel HR-V HRV"). I haven't received it yet because it's still on the boat, but it appears to have both pros and cons. It will take up one of the cup holder slots, but it should also give some additional storage/organizations options that the HRV severely lacks. If your MIL doesn't often have passengers in the car that would want the second cup holder, it could work for her.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So the 2019 HR-V has an updated cup holder that allows for smaller cups. It is so much better!! I wasn't sure if it would fit in pre-2019 HRVs so I didn't order it from the dealer.

After doing some research, I found out that the Japanese HR-Vs have always had the updated cup holder since the HRV came out and so I took a chance and ordered the part from Japan.

It successfully fits my 2016.

Part# is 77230-T7A-003ZA and it can be ordered from Amayama.com

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/77230t7a003za

Grand total with express EMS shipping to either USA or Canada is under $100USD.

The only downside is that the console has to be flipped upside down to change the assembly so the installation might be expensive. I think I paid about $100 for the install from my local mechanic.

Here's a video of how it works (starts at 00:26)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts