Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, this discussion was started in another thread, so to avoid going off topic there I thought I'd post a new thread with some photos. It appears the dual level cup-holder design from the Vezel has been changed in the NA version at least. Yes, we're talking cup-holders because Honda isn't giving us anything better to talk about!!!

Anyway, here's a Vezel spec. cup-holder....

You can see on the side the little divider pops out (there's one on the near side you can't see as well), and the two different levels that you operate by pushing down. The center divider can then be removed to make one big compartment as well.

A really good demonstration of how they work is in this Chinese review at 3:10

Now here's the NA spec. cup-holders

Here to get the deeper holder you pull up on the bases. Also, we don't know if the center is removable.

Here is how they work in this video at 3:00 (and thank you to HRV Forum member Juan Carlos Veras for finding this and posting it in the other thread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-VXP8_JWF0

To me the NA type looks VERY cheap. Also, when in "shallow" mode the size of the holders seems really too wide, I see a soda can flying around and not being supported.

Honda, what are you thinking??? I know our model is not as nice as the Vezel, but you could have at least given us this cool Vezel feature. Shame on you Honda for cutting another corner between the Vezel and the HR-V. Again, I know these are JUST cup-holders, and aren't really a bid deal, but it seems with each passing day the HR-V is getting more and more disappointing.

If anyone from Honda is monitoring this forum, I highly suggest you get your act together, sooner or later one of these little things is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So disappointed right now. I just saw in the video that you posted here that they are saying no power seats. I saw that on the Honda website and hoped that it was an error. Heated power seats are a deal breaker for me. It might be time to hit up other makes for me at this point. What a let down.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
So disappointed right now. I just saw in the video that you posted here that they are saying no power seats. I saw that on the Honda website and hoped that it was an error. Heated power seats are a deal breaker for me. It might be time to hit up other makes for me at this point. What a let down.
Where did you see there wouldn't be power seats? I think I heard something about they might not be heated. Can you post a link?

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you look on the Honda site where they show the colors you can choose to see the interior. Both the leather and the cloth versions show the levers next to the seats to move the seat back. In the video, they say that there's no heated seats at 2:18

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Ok, this discussion was started in another thread, so to avoid going off topic there I thought I'd post a new thread with some photos. It appears the dual level cup-holder design from the Vezel has been changed in the NA version at least. Yes, we're talking cup-holders because Honda isn't giving us anything better to talk about!!!

Anyway, here's a Vezel spec. cup-holder....

You can see on the side the little divider pops out (there's one on the near side you can't see as well), and the two different levels that you operate by pushing down. The center divider can then be removed to make one big compartment as well.

A really good demonstration of how they work is in this Chinese review at 3:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYwMjGdWTv4

Now here's the NA spec. cup-holders

Here to get the deeper holder you pull up on the bases. Also, we don't know if the center is removable.

Here is how they work in this video at 3:00 (and thank you to HRV Forum member Juan Carlos Veras for finding this and posting it in the other thread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-VXP8_JWF0

To me the NA type looks VERY cheap. Also, when in "shallow" mode the size of the holders seems really too wide, I see a soda can flying around and not being supported.

Honda, what are you thinking??? I know our model is not as nice as the Vezel, but you could have at least given us this cool Vezel feature. Shame on you Honda for cutting another corner between the Vezel and the HR-V. Again, I know these are JUST cup-holders, and aren't really a bid deal, but it seems with each passing day the HR-V is getting more and more disappointing.

If anyone from Honda is monitoring this forum, I highly suggest you get your act together, sooner or later one of these little things is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Yeah , I here ya. It is a downgrade.

On the other had, big cubby mode would seldom be used anyway, so no loss there. I think deep cup mode will probably suffice for everything. It shouldn't be too hard to reach further down to get shorter cups.
I do see shallow mode as being useless, unless you have a large diameter cup.

I have mixed feelings about this. If some of theses changes mean they are trying to keep the cars to a low price point, I may be able to adjust to these changes. But what I really fear is that Honda is going to price this too high even for the LX. I may be seriously looking at the CX-5 at that point. (It has had great reviews on reliability so it looks like Mazda has made strides toward better quality.

A lot of the unhappiness here is from a botched Honda rollout. If they actually planned on holding out solid information as a winning strategy, they are obviously mistaken big time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The video is the Chinese version -

If you look on the Honda site where they show the colors you can choose to see the interior. Both the leather and the cloth versions show the levers next to the seats to move the seat back. In the video, they say that there's no heated seats at 2:18
that states no power seats.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts

You seem to be interchanging "power" with "heated" seats.

Seats can be power seats without being heated.

I have seen nothing about not having power seats in NA. I also heard somewhere that the power seats may not be HEATED power seats.

Maybe I am responding to a typo you made? Here is what you typed:

".I just saw in the video that you posted here that they are saying no power seats." Did you mean to say heated power seats there?

Also, I wouldn't apply what China will have with what we will receive.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Seats can be power seats without being heated.

I have seen nothing about not having power seats in NA. I also heard somewhere that the power seats may not be HEATED power seats.

Maybe I am responding to a typo you made? Here is what you typed:

".I just saw in the video that you posted here that they are saying no power seats." Did you mean to say heated power seats there?

Also, I wouldn't apply what China will have with what we will receive.
Presumably the car they showed in LA was a top spec model, and in those videos you can tell that it doesn't have power seats. Additionally, in the "features" section of the HR-V webpage, they don't mention them and you would think that they would if they came standard in the EX or EX-L trim levels. Of course we don't know for sure, but my money is on no power seats.

In terms of heated seats, again the Features page for the HR-V lists them going with the capacitive climate controls that you only get in the EX and EX-L trim levels. My guess is that heated seats won't be available for the LX as it's not listed in the Features.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Presumably the car they showed in LA was a top spec model, and in those videos you can tell that it doesn't have power seats. Additionally, in the "features" section of the HR-V webpage, they don't mention them and you would think that they would if they came standard in the EX or EX-L trim levels. Of course we don't know for sure, but my money is on no power seats.

In terms of heated seats, again the Features page for the HR-V lists them going with the capacitive climate controls that you only get in the EX and EX-L trim levels. My guess is that heated seats won't be available for the LX as it's not listed in the Features.
Thanks for the clarification. It would be really strange if upper levels didn't have power seats....at least as an option. Especially if they are going through the trouble of heating them. I did notice that it wasn't on the list of features on the official HRV page.....but I never thought of it as a complete list.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The lever would be for seat recline angle. It is possible they would have limited power for front/back and up/down. But honestly, at this target range I'd be surprised if they didn't have the option at least on the EX. Given all the other toys on this car, power seats are a no brainier. Plus, the pictures are just mock ups until they make final announcements.

As for the cup holders, if you watch the video of hondaguy from Detroit you can see the way this cup holder flips and folds to accommodate different drink sizes. Pretty cool if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Nope, I don't think the HR-V will either.
I think you are right. In the official release statement from LA , it has a whole raft of options for the HR-V. Conspicuous by it's absence is power seats.

"Higher trim models can be equipped with premium features including Honda's 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio telematics interface, Honda LaneWatch™, Smart Entry/Push-Button Start, paddle shifters, SiriusXM® radio, HD Radio™ and Honda Digital Traffic, heated front seats, a power sunroof, embedded navigation and leather trim."

·
Registered
80 Posts
I looked at the AU site:

I think you are right. In the official release statement from LA , it has a whole raft of options for the HR-V. Conspicuous by it's absence is power seats.

"Higher trim models can be equipped with premium features including Honda's 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio telematics interface, Honda LaneWatch™, Smart Entry/Push-Button Start, paddle shifters, SiriusXM® radio, HD Radio™ and Honda Digital Traffic, heated front seats, a power sunroof, embedded navigation and leather trim."
1 - Heated seats are an option but not power seats.

Could it be that having the gas tank under the front seats limits the space available? (I don't mean for safety reasons just available space)

I would rather have power seats than magic seats. The number of times that I would need additional or tall storage is far outweighed by being able to adjust the seat to avoid back problems.

I remember when a salesman showed me the fit and had to pump up the seat like pumping up a bike tire.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's exactly what I did. Sorry. I had a million thought about this vehicle running in my head. Heated power seats are very important to me. It needs to be both, or this car just won't be a contender for me.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
It
That's exactly what I did. Sorry. I had a million thought about this vehicle running in my head. Heated power seats are very important to me. It needs to be both, or this car just won't be a contender for me.
It appears,unless something changes that power seats will not be an option.

·
Registered
43 Posts
And Bicepeak, that's why I haven't been around as much. I've been seriously considering what my options are. My '04 Odyssey is pretty much bandaged together and I've been waiting for this thing. It's really the only vehicle I wanted, and now I don't want it. I am beyond disappointed with Honda on this one.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
And Bicepeak, that's why I haven't been around as much. I've been seriously considering what my options are. My '04 Odyssey is pretty much bandaged together and I've been waiting for this thing. It's really the only vehicle I wanted, and now I don't want it. I am beyond disappointed with Honda on this one.

Don't give up yet. Full specs are supposed to be coming this month with the pricing.
Maybe it will turn out that the EX-L will have them?

The Acura version is bound to have them, if their pricing will work for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts