Honda HR-V Forum banner

261 - 262 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't understand! Why ruin a perfectly good subcompact SUV with a faulty CVT? This can't be! I need a percent of cvt failures vs no problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't understand! Why ruin a perfectly good subcompact SUV with a faulty CVT? This can't be! I need a percent of cvt failures vs no problems.
So in regards to the issue with the fill cap/breather cap, the TSB said this is an issue with all 2016-2018 Fit's, Civic's and HRVs.

The TSB was issued in September 2019 so I can only assume that they fixed the issue for 2019's+.

They had no idea this was an issue because it took years to develop.

For all other issues, I doubt we'd think it's a big deal if we saw the % of failures versus no problems.

Honda obviously doesn't think there's an issue or else they'd give out an extended warranty like Subaru did with their CVTs to put people's minds at ease.

The truth of the matter is the majority of units have no issues surviving the warranty period.

The Civic was Canada's best selling car for 18 years before the 2016 came out.

There's no way Honda didn't test the crap out of the 2016 CVT before releasing it.

Because of all this, it's my opinion that the issues at hand are:
-Bad quality control at the factories
-Lack of maintenance

Honda really should be telling people to take better care of their CVT (fluid changes more often, maybe a filter change at a certain mileage) but they take the approach of all the other car companies of keeping quiet. They do this so costs remain low for the customer and if the CVT dies after the warranty is over, they fulfilled their obligations and they might make more money selling another car.

It's business at the end of the day but I don't think it's fair to call these faulty. There are some faulty units out there but they're not all faulty.

261 - 262 of 262 Posts