Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody notice a whiney noise from their cvt transmission. I noticed it a couple days ago and it got louder and it jumps quite frequently. I brought it to the dealer they said sorry your out of warranty. I change the fluids regularly and on time. Should I attempt to fix it myself or have the dealer do it for est. $5,000.00. Plus apparently all parts are on back order.

·
Registered
691 Posts
... I brought it to the dealer they said sorry your out of warranty....

The 2016-2020 HRV's have a 7 year/150k mile warranty on the CVT transmission.

You must have over 150,000miles on it or it is an early 2016 HRV with an in-service date in 2015.

Reactions: John35g

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've brought it to 2 dealerships. The first is a block away from me. I bought it brand new there.
They said it would be a few or more months before they can get the cvt. I asked if they can just convert it to a regular standard shift the said no it's impossible. They said the parts would be in around late January early February. The next dealer said get it out of here we aren't going to touch it after I drove 30 miles to get there for them to just test drive and listen to it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hmmm, unless there is something else going on with your HRV that the dealer is refusing warranty...
Engine modifications, ridiculous wheels/tires, lowered/raised, etc.

There was an HRV owner on this forum who riced up his HRV and the Honda dealer voided his warranty...

If not, read this thread top to bottom:

There are several recalls on your 2019, have you completed them ALL?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I'm the original owner. I bought it with 0 miles on the clock. Brand new. The dealership said they did all the recalls one was the brakes and the fuel unit. And when my system audio was stolen from my car the replaced everything and did updates and a recall they had it for a month in a half or so. They never told what the recall was when I asked they said don't worry about it it's taken care of.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And no my car is exactly the same as I bought it. No trick ups mods or anything else. I bought it because I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran who has a service dog which a prius would not work for. So I upgraded to the HR-V Sport.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
And no my car is exactly the same as I bought it. No trick ups mods or anything else. I bought it because I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran who has a service dog which a prius would not work for. So I upgraded to the HR-V Sport.
Sounds to me like your car is still under warranty - go to another dealer ? then report the first dealer to Honda if the second dealer honors your warranty.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Toss the car and take your losses.

It is likely in a transmission replacement process, they'll take shortcuts and do hasty work so that the car will never be any good.

Losing the factory build to a significant extent is the end of the car.

In my experience.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Well we've given you all the info you need but you are going to have to get off the couch and execute a plan.

Or, as WDHewson stated, just trade it in for a new car.. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am. I'm printing all the recalls that have been completed and printing up the transmission recall and gonna head over to Honda in a few minutes. If they fight me against it I'm gonna give them an ultimatum fix it or give me a new one if not they can talk to my lawyer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts