Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
http://nseavoice.com/cars/2016-mazda-cx-3-cant-challenge-honda-hr-v-heres-why-92009388.html

Mostly right but as for the comments about CX-3 being more stylish I can't see it. Beauty truly is in the eyes of the beholder. I find the HR-V much better looking.
The CX-3 photographs well, but when I saw one in the flesh, I didn't like it so much. The last line of the piece says it all: "Space is among our top priority and the CX-3 does not have it." I liked the front seats in the CX-3, didn't like the rear seats, and when I folded one down (which required much more effort than the HR-V), my immediate reaction was "Where's the space?"

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn't even really consider the CX3 after comparing the interior spaces between it and the HRV. People (auto journalists) have said the CX3 is better to drive, but I've been pleased with how the HRV handles itself and its general cornering is good. I'd take a few more HP, but even there, the Honda still does ok (IMHO).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't even really consider the CX3 after comparing the interior spaces between it and the HRV. People (auto journalists) have said the CX3 is better to drive, but I've been pleased with how the HRV handles itself and its general cornering is good. I'd take a few more HP, but even there, the Honda still does ok (IMHO).
They make a good point but if I wanted a 'fun' car I've already got a Honda S2000 for spirited drives.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The CX-3 photographs well, but when I saw one in the flesh, I didn't like it so much. The last line of the piece says it all: "Space is among our top priority and the CX-3 does not have it." I liked the front seats in the CX-3, didn't like the rear seats, and when I folded one down (which required much more effort than the HR-V), my immediate reaction was "Where's the space?"
I liked it enough to test drive 3 of them. In the end it was the (lack of) space and that it had more road/wind noise (and yes, 'vroom-vroom' is just 'noise, in my book...whatever you call it, it's still noise vs the CVT)...and the insane excuse for an 'armrest' - can't access the cupholders even...) that did it for me.
BUT...the front seats were more comfy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have to agree- the CX-3 was more fun to drive.....handled better and seemed quicker......but the HR-V is an all around better vehicle. Plus it's far more practical for a crossover.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I liked it enough to test drive 3 of them. In the end it was the (lack of) space and that it had more road/wind noise (and yes, 'vroom-vroom' is just 'noise, in my book...whatever you call it, it's still noise vs the CVT)...and the insane excuse for an 'armrest' - can't access the cupholders even...) that did it for me.
BUT...the front seats were more comfy...
I found the front seats in the CX-3 too **** narrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
*challenge.

It certainly does put Honda to shame in the IIHS crash test - both in the small overlap and side impact tests, as well as crash avoidance (in the U.S. at least). Look in particular at the B-pillar in the HRV side impact test, which only rates 'Acceptable'. Honda should hang its head in shame.

Interesting to compare notes with the views on the CX-3 forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Someone two blocks away had the only CX-3 in my neighborhood. It disappeared one day and in its place was a dealer's courtesy CX-3 that they ended up needing for 3+ weeks. When the courtesy CX-3 disappeared, the original CX-3 didn't come back -- a Mazda 3 did. It's amusing to think of what might have gone on there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had a Mazda 3 and I liked it fine. Had a sunroof, automatic wipers and a bunch of other extra features not found on the Honda. Drove nicely with plenty of zoom zoom but I still much prefer the HRV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
While I like the appearance of the CX-3 and its in-car gadgetry is great, it lacks the space of an SUV and the performance of a sporty saloon. For an exciting drive, look elsewhere. For usefulness try an HR-V. While not very powerful, the HR-V does what can be expected of a small SUV very well.

Graham in NZ

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lmao, I don't think you fully got. In there either. I'd also warn about carbon monoxide, but I don't think there is space for the gas to get in...rofl

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Lmao, I don't think you fully got. In there either. I'd also warn about carbon monoxide, but I don't think there is space for the gas to get in...rofl
Actually, it fit totally in with space to spare (length wise), so I didn't drive with the gate open.
I just took the picture with it partially out so you can see how close the tolerances were (less than an a fraction of an inch either height or width)>:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts