Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
2019 HR-V Sport owner here. I bottomed out while coming off a curb recently. The only area to strike was the mid exhaust resonator on the right hand side. The bottom surface is caved in somewhat but nothing is punctured. No performance change, and no warning lights. No rattling or loose parts.

The only issue is the exhaust has gotten louder and deeper. Honestly, it sounds meaner, like some sort of exhaust mod. I assume it’s caused by the altered shape of the resonator. However it’s too loud for my liking and when accelerating it can drone on for a while.

I am wondering which other years of HR-V share the same exhaust system? Or if it is common with any of the other Honda Models?

I ask because I would like to replace this section of exhaust myself, if I can get my hands on the correct part. I’m all ears if anyone has any other suggestions to help revert back to a more stock sound.

Any feedback is appreciated.
dp

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you ask any reputable muffler shop. They can replace that for under $200. Unless you can cut metal and weld. Not much you can really do to replace it yourself.
I figured the whole assembly wouldn’t be too hard, the exhaust line ahead of it mates with a flange off the bottom of the catalyst if converter, and similar to the aft. Just three bolts on each flange. I think there is another anchor point right near this resonator, with rubber for vibration isolation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PART #7 (for a 2017 EX-L AWD) - is is under $300- add shipping. then tax.
then labor.
Unless you are handy to do yourself etc.
This looks good, I am on that site myself now, I didn’t see my part when I looked on a similar site.
Thank you, I’ll likely go this route.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At that price, I think I could get used to the additional noise.😖 What do ear plugs cost in Canada?
Yes I might just get used to it. I’ll post a video if I can to show what it sounds like. It’s not horrible haha.

Unfortunately the shipping cost as much as the part, otherwise it would be a good route.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.
Here’s a video of how it sounds. It’s most noticeable from inside the car so I recorded from there, with the passenger window down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts