Honda HR-V Forum banner
181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I would make that assumption too but I can only speak from my experience of their official store on AliExpress, I always get a reply within 3 days. Maybe it’s different staff for each website. It seems that they all have different prices and promotions too.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove this panel? I’m thinking about putting the microphone in there. Where is the factory microphone located? What is the purpose of those vent holes in that panel?
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove this panel? I’m thinking about putting the microphone in there. Where is the factory microphone located? What is the purpose of those vent holes in that panel?
View attachment 33830
You have to remove the light covers… usually two screws under there and the whole piece comes out. I was a little affraid to remove the clear pieces as they seem to break, but you have to remove the outside then the inside part.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I assumed this website dasaita.com is legit, I will try using AliExpress to get in touch with them!
I used the Dasaita website chat (aliexpress) to get my model from them. Send them the following in the chat and they can help.

Model (LX, EX, EX-L)

Year

Photo of your current head unit

They got back to me in 24-48 hours with the time difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Edit: I was wrong, the graph I saw did not compare the Max11, it was comparing the W11. Looks like Max11 is just a Max10 updated to Android 11, but all three are essentially the same hardware. Nice!

I just got an email from Dasaita saying the head unit I ordered is in a quarantined zone so they offered to send me the Max11 model instead of the Vivid model because it is in another warehouse. From what I see on their website, these are essentially the same device with different software. I did see a graph that showed the Max11 with half the RAM, and a PX5 instead of a PX6, but they said it has a PX6 so I assume it has been updated. If not I'll be disappointed.
I plan on probably installing the Vivid software unless I enjoy the Max, but the Max seems to look a little dated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Edit: I was wrong, the graph I saw did not compare the Max11, it was comparing the W11. Looks like Max11 is just a Max10 updated to Android 11, but all three are essentially the same hardware. Nice!

I just got an email from Dasaita saying the head unit I ordered is in a quarantined zone so they offered to send me the Max11 model instead of the Vivid model because it is in another warehouse. From what I see on their website, these are essentially the same device with different software. I did see a graph that showed the Max11 with half the RAM, and a PX5 instead of a PX6, but they said it has a PX6 so I assume it has been updated. If not I'll be disappointed.
I plan on probably installing the Vivid software unless I enjoy the Max, but the Max seems to look a little dated.
I actually like the MAX layout better when I was looking at the chart. I also loved WINAMP too so that's probably why I like the older look.

Did they mention having to pay duty on the order? I want to order to Canada but I'm afraid of $200+ in duty/tax costs.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Officially, if the automotive item is made outside of NAFTA/US/Mexico, ie. made in China, you will have to pay Canadian duties on it.

In reality, in many cases they won't charge you duty for automotive items even if made in China.

You will have to pay Canadian GST/HST. Brokerage charges are random also. Fedex and UPS are the worst.
Shipping via post to Canada Post is slowest and cheapest but that's rarely possible from overseas.

If you can purchase the same item via Ebay or Amazon USA or Amazon Canada there will be no surprises as all the costs will be stated up front.

Reactions: Johnny.Radical

·
Registered
76 Posts
Officially, if the automotive item is made outside of NAFTA/US/Mexico, ie. made in China, you will have to pay Canadian duties on it.

In reality, in many cases they won't charge you duty for automotive items even if made in China.

You will have to pay Canadian GST/HST. Brokerage charges are random also. Fedex and UPS are the worst.
Shipping via post to Canada Post is slowest and cheapest but that's rarely possible from overseas.

If you can purchase the same item via Ebay or Amazon USA or Amazon Canada there will be no surprises as all the costs will be stated up front.
Thanks! I'll have to do some digging to figure out if U.S Ebay will be a decent work around.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Dasaita knows how to make me happy LOL. I sent them a message on Alibaba and got this reply:

The amount of the tariff depends on the buyer's local policy, and the price we declare to the customs is only $50.

We will try our best to reduce the burden for you

181 - 200 of 215 Posts