Honda HR-V Forum banner
201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
If I remember correctly, those two on mine were round inside and plugged into the wires. I don’t really remember much detail about those connectors other than I matched up the shape from the head unit wires to the factory wires. There were some that didn’t connect to anything but my car is an LX.
Hand Finger Electrician Electronic engineering Electrical wiring

·
Registered
25 Posts
After a long 6+ hours I got the Dasaita Max11 and my subwoofer installed. I will say I am kind of confused on what to do with the USB plugs. There was an adapter that plugged into one of the stock plugs and created a male USB Connector. Not sure what it is for. There is a female USB adapter that plugs into the Dasaita that says it's for car play? I don't use car play but I plugged them in.

Then there are the two female USB connectors that come from the Dasaita. I am not sure what these are for, i am guessing they are just extra USB ports. I do not know how to get the stock USB ports working if that is possible.

I read there is HDMI on the new model. There is HDMI but it is an HDMI out. Not sure why I would want to output HDMI from the Dasaita. I thought I'd be able to input to the Dasaita display.

I also could not figure out how to install the remote/accessory wire to the sub. I hooked it up to the "AMP" wire from the Dasaita wire harness, but it is not wired to anything! I then tried to splice into the HR-V stock accessory wire, still nothing. I either have the wrong wire or my subwoofer remote wire is faulty.

Overall the UI is pretty dated looking. I don't mind too much, but would like to update to Vivid. However, I see on the forums many issues with Bluetooth so don't want to update in fear it might break.

Currently the sound quality of my setup is not what I wanted. Kind of disappointed, but I will play around with it more.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I have the MAX10 and an LX, so I’m sure our wires are different. What model is your car? My car only has one USB port and the adapter went to it, when I plug my phone or a USB thumb drive into that port on the car lower console then it connects to the head unit.

The HDMI out is to connect video screen(s) in the back of the headrest (head restraints). I don’t think that Dasaita sells those though but there are plenty on the market.

I have no experience with amps or subs, so I can’t give any input there but I can tell you that on mine when I fine tuned the equalizer settings then it really made it sound good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the MAX10 and an LX, so I’m sure our wires are different. What model is your car? My car only has one USB port and the adapter went to it, when I plug my phone or a USB thumb drive into that port on the car lower console then it connects to the head unit.

The HDMI out is to connect video screen(s) in the back of the headrest (head restraints). I don’t think that Dasaita sells those though but there are plenty on the market.

I have no experience with amps or subs, so I can’t give any input there but I can tell you that on mine when I fine tuned the equalizer settings then it really made it sound good.
I suppose one of the USB ports might be plugged in then, I will have to double check.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I see now, it’s #4 shown here but since mine is an LX with only one USB port then I only used #3. That #4 wire, I didn’t even plug it in because I knew that I would not need it.

EDIT: I’m mistaken, I didn’t use #3 or #4, I used #10 for the USB

Product Font Line Tool Electric blue

·
Registered
25 Posts
I see now, it’s #4 shown here but since mine is an LX with only one USB port then I only used #3. That #4 wire, I didn’t even plug it in because I knew that I would not need it.

EDIT: I’m mistaken, I didn’t use #3 or #4, I used #10 for the USB

View attachment 33879
Okay I see. What did you plug #10 into? I think I plugged it into #3 lol and #4 I just have dangling in the back of the dash because I didn't route them to anything.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
So, this is all going by memory which is not so good but the next time that I pop my dash open I will take pictures of everything for future reference to help everyone. Okay, IIRC, take #3 and plug the purple connector to the back of the head unit, then plug the male USB of the adapter into the female USB of #3 and then take the other end of the adapter (black square) and plug it to the factory connector (it's uniquely shaped so it's only one). Please disregard what I posted above, my memory wasn't clear. Try this and let me know. I plan to install my TV tuner soon and will get pictures of all my wires at that time. By the way, I checked and #4 is still in my box, so I know that I didn’t use it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Another thing I have noticed is the radio is WAY louder than Android Auto. So if I exit android auto and turn on the radio, I have to make sure the head unit is volume 1 before I switch. Also, volume 1 seems very loud, like the volume I'd consider normal listening volume while driving at 30-40mph. Only with the radio though, Android Auto can get quiet.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Another thing I have noticed is the radio is WAY louder than Android Auto. So if I exit android auto and turn on the radio, I have to make sure the head unit is volume 1 before I switch. Also, volume 1 seems very loud, like the volume I'd consider normal listening volume while driving at 30-40mph. Only with the radio though, Android Auto can get quiet.
Oh, not sure, I’m using CarPlay but I can tell you that my CarPlay and radio are the same volume. These phones and head units have so many settings sometimes it takes a while to get everything working right. I’ve never even seen Android Auto in person to know anything about it.

201 - 215 of 215 Posts