Dr. Toboggan· Premium Member
Yours is a bit different than mine, probably a newer version, but mine has that frame (bezel) and fits the dash perfectly in mine.
I have the same bezel on mine. It fits perfectly.I just received my unit in the mail and I’m going to begin the install today, however I think the unit looks somewhat strange. The frame around the screen is somewhat thick and looks like it would make the screen recessed into the dash. Other photos I have seen have a more stock look, so I’m not sure if I need to get another piece, or if the OEM dash will make this fit flush. It also has the word Dasaita on it which I did not see in other photos.
I am 100% familiar with your nightmare. I went through all those exact steps, hours of CANBUS settings, updates, youtube videos in foreign languages translated that lead to nowhere, I even tried to re-wire the CANBUS myself. I was ready to pitch the thing into the ocean and invest in CD's and paper maps.I installed the head unit back during the week of Christmas. I created a video but it was very rambley so I will make a new one soon. But I did run into some issues:
I read through all pages of this post, as well as others. I tried multiple troubleshooting tips and I do not know what to do. Im not sure if it is an issue with the actual harness, the way I have it plugged in, the CANBUS, the CANBUS settings, or a combination. From what I can tell, I have the correct equipment. I have tried a variety of combinations of different settings. I don't know what to try next.
- The lane assist camera does not work when I put on my right turn signal. I instead get a yellow caution mark. The same happens if I press the lane assist button.
- The music pauses when the reverse camera is showing, and when the yellow caution mark is showing in place of the lane assist camera.
- This was getting extremely irritating for the lane assist camera, so I deactivated the lane assist on right turn signal for now since the camera isn't working anyway.
- I changed the setting that is supposedly responsible for this issue and nothing changed.
- My car: 2018 Honda HRV EX-L
- My head unit: HA5248 (not sure what the hell is wrong with Dasaita's website right now)
- CANBUS: CB015 (according to website)