Honda HR-V Forum banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually, they only requested pics of the dashboard/front of unit. I have now bought a used console switch assembly off ebay with two USB sockets and a usb/honda adapter from Amazon, hopefully it will all work together. UPS has now “updated” my delivery back to Friday, so maybe there is still hope for a weekend project.
Yes, a picture of the back and wire harness of your factory head unit to the seller before you buy is a must for correct fitment. I've been using Apple CarPlay for many years, it's an easy GUI (graphical user interface). It's actually just your phone mirrored to the car's head unit. There are plenty of resources online to help you with it but I can if needed. In my opinion, it makes the car more safe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It came, it is in, it works, easiest install I have ever done. The only thing not functioning properly are steering wheel phone buttons. I have never used them so would not have noticed if I didn’t look for it. Don’t know if they can be made to function, but if it is important to anyone considering one of these, well there it is. Dasaita seriously has their act together with these!
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive navigation system

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Me too, it was so easy and the fastest one I have ever installed. They just need to come down on the price to the $350-$400 range to make this truly remarkable.

You want the SWC (steering wheel controls) to work, for convenience and safety. Let me go check my settings, you can make the head unit "learn" your car. If not, contact them and they'll get it working because you certainly want it.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Home > Settings > Car > Steering wheel controls > Reset > Press steering wheel buttons > Save

-OR-

Home > Settings > Factory settings > 126 (password) > Key Study > [ask Dasaita because I do not know] > Apply > Exit

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Here is the link. If you want CarPlay, select it under the "color" option, presently it is $20 more. I'm not sure about the Android Auto option, ask them but it might be already installed since the OS on the head unit is Android. Also, remember to send them a picture of your head unit (radio/stereo) through the messenger on Aliexpress before you buy so they can match the wiring harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It came, it is in, it works, easiest install I have ever done. The only thing not functioning properly are steering wheel phone buttons. I have never used them so would not have noticed if I didn’t look for it. Don’t know if they can be made to function, but if it is important to anyone considering one of these, well there it is. Dasaita seriously has their act together with these! View attachment 31887
Looks great! Any bugs at all? I'm about given up on a similar looking headunit branded "Mekede" also purchased on Aliexpress. The seller helped me with all issues except for what's a dealbreaker for me - microphone quality while on a call. It is absolutely horrendous and I cannot be heard while driving and/or have the AC at anything above 1.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Don't give up on that Mekede yet. Call someone and tap on the microphone, then tap on the "MIC" on the head unit. Which one can they hear louder? If the "MIC" is louder then you have the wrong microphone installed. I had this problem with my Dasaita because I did not like the microphone that came with it, so I used another microphone that was the wrong one and had the issue you're describing there. I found out there there are different microphones for mono, stereo etc. and you have to get the right one. IIRC, there are TS, TTS, and TRS microphones. The Dasaita comes with a mono microphone (one black ring on the connection) and I put a stereo microphone (two black rings) and it done like you said. Anyway, try that before scraping the whole head unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't give up on that Mekede yet. Call someone and tap on the microphone, then tap on the "MIC" on the head unit. Which one can they hear louder? If the "MIC" is louder then you have the wrong microphone installed. I had this problem with my Dasaita because I did not like the microphone that came with it, so I used another microphone that was the wrong one and had the issue you're describing there. I found out there there are different microphones for mono, stereo etc. and you have to get the right one. IIRC, there are TS, TTS, and TRS microphones. The Dasaita comes with a mono microphone (one black ring on the connection) and I put a stereo microphone (two black rings) and it done like you said. Anyway, try that before scraping the whole head unit.
Thanks for giving me some hope. Yes, the internal "MIC" definitely is louder if I tap on it compared to the external mic. The unit came with a mic (see attached photo) and I purchased another one off Amazon. After looking closely, they both have one black ring (mono?). Would you recommend I purchase a different mic?

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
You should either use the one that came with it or get another, a correct one. The reason that the "MIC" is louder is because the external microphone isn't working, so it defaults to the internal microphone (which is junk). This was my same experience when I bought the wrong microphone. I learned, after some research, about the TS, TTS and TRS microphones but never could find that listed in the sale description; instead I only found mono or stereo. The one that I bought to replace the Dasaita microphone, because I didn't like the design, looks exactly like the one in your picture. That is the one that worked for me (link below).

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should either use the one that came with it or get another, a correct one. The reason that the "MIC" is louder is because the external microphone isn't working, so it defaults to the internal microphone (which is junk). This was my same experience when I bought the wrong microphone. I learned, after some research, about the TS, TTS and TRS microphones but never could find that listed in the sale description; instead I only found mono or stereo. The one that I bought to replace the Dasaita microphone, because I didn't like the design, looks exactly like the one in your picture. That is the one that worked for me (link below).

I took your advice and tested two additional microphones, both mono. The first has almost identical specifications to the one you had linked and the second was recommended by a Reddit user for being a high quality microphone for a car headunit:

1. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015KY5J7Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MYPPPE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Unfortunately, no noticeable improvement with either. The head unit is definitely mixing audio inputs from both the internal and external microphones and there is no setting to reduce, modify or disable this behavior. I don't know what else to try and I'm not comfortable enough to attempt at modifying the hardware, such as desoldering the internal microphone.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
If it does it with the microphone that came with the Mekede head unit then I'd say something is wrong with the head unit. That's why I recommend the Dasaita head unit because they have the least problems and when it comes to any compatibility issues, Dasaita will work with you until it is resolved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it does it with the microphone that came with the Mekede head unit then I'd say something is wrong with the head unit. That's why I recommend the Dasaita head unit because they have the least problems and when it comes to any compatibility issues, Dasaita will work with you until it is resolved.
Yep, I also think it's an issue or limitation with the unit itself. Gonna try to return or have to sell to someone if I can't return. Pretty unfortunate because everything else works really well on the unit.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
I posted some time back that my only complaint about the Dasaita head unit, other than the price being a bit high, is that at least once to a few times a week the CarPlay doesn't connect when I start the car* and that I have to restart the car to restart the head unit. I really didn't like putting the wear on my car for this just because the CarPlay didn't connect. The power button on the Dasaita, when pressed, will mute the sound but I recently learned that if you press and hold the power button then it will restart the head unit and the car doesn't need to be restarted in those cases when the CarPlay doesn't connect. So, now my only complaint is no more.

*CarPlay is connected to the Android head unit via the Zlink app

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
I’ve been thinking of upgrading to a dasaita head unit. How’s the response on it? Is the UI laggy at all? Just worried it won’t work the exl trim Bc of the extra wiring. However I have heard using a civic canbus would fix this. Just an expensive experiment is why I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
@Antho if you search YouTube, there is a Dasaita channel and also you can search "PX6 head unit" and see some examples of the GUI.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Honestly, I had the factory head unit in for such a short period of time that I don’t remember it much to compare but I can get a picture for you and you can decide for yourself.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts