Honda HR-V Forum banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
I like the different colors for the different distances.
I also like infotainment where the guidance lines bend with the direction of the steering wheel, like I used to have on my CRV. :cry:

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
These don’t bend, perhaps it can be changed in the settings as when I set it up there were different choices but this was my preference and I “set it and forget it”. I don’t like the kind that bend as it would only confuse me.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Somewhere in this thread I had reported that upon vehicle start up and when the head unit would boot up that there would be a “pop” sound from the speakers every so often. During that time, I had an iPhone X (10), but now I have an iPhone 12 and it doesn’t do that noise anymore. So, it must have been something with my phone.

I had seen this popping noise reported on other forums that included other cars with other phones. I can’t speak for them but in my case it was clearly a phone problem since I upgraded my phone and the problem went away.

I upgraded from an iPhone XS Max to an iPhone 12 Pro Max to be exact.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Well, the USA DST went back one hour and although the clock on my Dasaita and CarPlay (iPhone) did automatically adjust the time, the time on the Honda clock did not adjust and I see no way to adjust it myself. The owner’s manual says to use the (factory) radio to adjust the clock on the dash which obviously I can not do with my aftermarket head unit.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Wait one, I just realized that this "yellow light" problem started the day after I installed the LED ambient interior lighting (see post in link below), I may have very well created this problem myself. The electronics on these newer cars are far too complex for me to understand how everything works in conjunction with each of the other components. When I installed the LED ambient lights it may have messed up something in the electronics, perhaps the CAN-BUS, ECM, etc., something or whatever.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
Is it possible the Power Button has always been yellow so that it stands out from the other sidebar buttons, and you have just noticed this recently?

All the buttons on my Honda Connect sidebar are white, however, the Power Button is green.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
No, it’s always been white. In fact, the yellow will periodically temporarily change back to white but only for a moment. It (white) is also the only color that does this problem with the power button. If I choose any other color than white, they’re all the same. I don’t think that this problem is coincidental that it began the day after I installed the LED ambient lights, I think I messed up the head unit myself.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
Yes, I posted in the user group and no one replied that they have had this problem. Also, Dasaita said that this is the first case of this problem. As I said above, I'm not sure how all of these modern electronics work but apparently the combination of the Honda electronics and the Dasaita head unit and these LED ambient lights have some kind of a conflict.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
625 Posts
Wait... does the USB, where you put the light, draw from the Dasaita?

Maybe it drew too much power and caused something to burn out.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
388 Posts
I plugged it into a “cigarette lighter” phone charger that is plugged into the 12V socket. They shouldn’t be on the same circuit. I have no idea how those LED ambient lights change colors (microchip?) or how the CAN-BUS for the Dasaita works or the Honda control modules, etc. work but the fact that the radio light messed up within 12 hours of installing the LED ambient lights makes me believe that has to have been the problem.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
625 Posts
Oh, that port.

Maybe it's just a really unfortunate coincidence, that the circuits controlling blue are unstable (lack of B in RGB makes Y, I had the same issue on my last RGB keyboard)

101 - 120 of 133 Posts