Honda HR-V Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
625 Posts
RGB is red/green/blue. The LEDs inside (the Dasaita) mix those three colors in varying degrees to make pretty much any color the designers are willing to offer.

So, when your power button looked yellow, it's because the blue isn't working. When you have only red and green, you get yellow. You need all three to make white light (without using a plain white LED). Could by a faulty blue LED. Could be a damaged circuit. Could be interference... who knows.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
392 Posts
I thought about your input and checked and yes, the blue is not working (as shown in the picture). Then I thought that if that RGB USB ambient light turned it off then perhaps it would turn it back on again. So, I reinstalled the RGB USB ambient light and set it to blue… bam! the blue light on the Dasaita came back on and then I removed the RGB USB and changed the Dasaita lights from blue to white and they’re all on now and all white. It did have a slight flicker for a moment but I reved the engine and it came on bright. I am now absolutely sure that this problem came from those RGB USB ambient lights. I never should have installed them. Live and learn, I’m the type of person that would replace the head unit because one light didn’t work.
Gadget Display device Computer Technology Electronic device

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
392 Posts
Well... even if the LED plug triggered it, I'd suspect the Dasaita is damaged at this point.
Yes, me too. It's my fault. It all seemed so simple. These cars are really complicated now. I've been doing all of the 12V accessory installations on all of my family's cars (radios, alarms, etc.) for over 20 years and this is the first mistake/problem that I have ever had thus far. Dasaita said that they would fix it for free but also pointed out to me that the shipping cost at my expense to China would exceed the purpose.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
392 Posts
You must have edited your post here but I got the original copy in my email. You said that I should try yellow to trigger the blue. I've tried all of the lights and all combinations of all of the lights to get the blue to come back on and the only thing that worked was when I put the RGB USB ambient light back in and triggered it on with that.

·
Registered
714 Posts
You must have edited your post here but I got the original copy in my email. You said that I should try yellow to trigger the blue. I've tried all of the lights and all combinations of all of the lights to get the blue to come back on and the only thing that worked was when I put the RGB USB ambient light back in and triggered it on with that.
oh i thought you fixed it.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
Dasaita said that they would fix it for free but also pointed out to me that the shipping cost at my expense to China would exceed the purpose.
It seems strange they have already worked out what the issue is, and costed it up which just so happens to be less than the shipping cost - I wonder what their repair take up is with far flung foreign buyers??!! A separate fault may have occurred around the time you installed the USB lights, and may be totally unrelated to what you have done, and possibly may be more expensive than they have calculated.

You have to work out if you can put up with having the power button a different colour to the rest of the panel (I think I could), or whether you want it to be as you bought it. If the shipping costs are a lot less than the price of the head unit then it may well be worht biting the bullet and sending it back.

If it makes you feel any better, the pre-facelifted version of my previous vehicle had no issue with fitting aftermarket (IIRC) HID kits, however, when the face lift came out VW in their infinite wisdom changed the BCM settings which caused the same HID kits to fry it causing several £000's in repairs. It did not happen to every FL lift, but it was one hell of a risk to take to see if your vehicle was affected or not.

Needless to say, I did not take the risk.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
392 Posts
It seems strange they have already worked out what the issue is
Oh, they didn't work out the issue. I told them what I suspect is the issue. Then they offered to fix it for free. The return shipping would be over $200 at my cost. Also, I'd have to go without CarPlay for a few months and CarPlay is the whole reason that I bought this head unit in the first place.
You have to work out if you can put up with having the power button a different colour to the rest of the panel (I think I could)
The price today is $450 plus $50 shipping, so at least for now I will tolerate it.

If I felt that it was their fault, I would put more effort into a return but the fact that the light on the head unit developed this issue at the time time that I installed the RGB USB ambient lights; well, it's my fault.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts