Honda HR-V Forum banner
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good news guys! I received the correct harness today and so far I’m very happy with the stereo.

the only issue I’m having is getting the reverse camera to work. Any ideas guys? I keep getting yellow box

Automotive design Display device Technology Personal luxury car Electronic device

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I had that problem too and it was the CANBUS setting, when I changed it from 21 Crider to 07 Civic it resolved the issue. If I remember correctly that is under factory settings, I’d have to go check my notes to be certain.
Gadget Output device Font Personal luxury car Vehicle

Gadget Font Material property Gas Electronic device

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had that problem too and it was the CANBUS setting, when I changed it from 21 Crider to 07 Civic it resolved the issue. If I remember correctly that is under factory settings, I’d have to go check my notes to be certain.
View attachment 33709
View attachment 33710
Did you install any special cables for the camera? Like yellow video cables? I hope I didn’t miss anything.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
What harness and CANBUS do you have installed? I have these (pictured) and used that setting to get it to work. Dasaita also helped me from the messenger on AliExpress. Basically the harness, CANBUS and your car (year and model) settings all need to match for everything to work correctly.
White Light Line Material property Fender
Photograph Gesture Finger Communication Device Red

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Did you install any special cables for the camera? Like yellow video cables? I hope I didn’t miss anything.
I do believe that the yellow RCA does need to be connected, and there are two. It’s two into the head unit and two to connect. I just switched them around until it worked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to connect the yellow camera in to the yellow reverse in, I can’t remember exactly how mine were labeled but I remember that I just switched them around until it worked.
View attachment 33720
that was my issue! The yellow cable was not plugged in.. stereo is 100 percent working now on a 2022 LX

what I did noticed was by changing the canbus to different Honda settings it changed the way the camera looks.

Gadget Communication Device Audio equipment Font Entertainment

Gadget Display device Technology Communication Device Electronic device

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
what I did noticed was by changing the canbus to different Honda settings it changed the way the camera looks.
The same thing happened with mine also. I just messed with everything until I got it how I liked it and to calibrate it, I backed up close to my other car and set up the lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The same thing happened with mine also. I just messed with everything until I got it how I liked it and to calibrate it, I backed up close to my other car and set up the lines.
when you are in reverse does it beep or have any alarms when you get close to things? I was trying to figure it out and I can’t get it to beep or anything. I guess at this point I’m getting picky. I should just be happy everything works.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I got the TV tuner yesterday. A quick inspection of the box is everything shown here and also a remote control. I’m not sure if I’ll need RCA cables or not, I’ll have to ask them, it doesn’t have instructions. It may be a while before I have time to install it.
Font Cable Electronic device Wire Auto part
Font Line Cable Output device Audio equipment

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got the TV tuner yesterday. A quick inspection of the box is everything shown here and also a remote control. I’m not sure if I’ll need RCA cables or not, I’ll have to ask them, it doesn’t have instructions. It may be a while before I have time to install it.
I might pull the trigger on the head unit soon. Let us know how that T.V tuner works out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@Dr. Toboggan do you know or anyone else know which wiring harness version is needed from the website? I have a 2018 EX-L, left hand drive (USA). I see 3 types of wiring, CB015, CB036, and DYX016. I have tried contacting Dasaita but they aren't getting back to me.

vs

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I’ve always communicated with Dasaita through AliExpress and they reply very fast but maybe that’s because I’m a previous customer. I would not buy from another seller other than the official store. Anyway, the best thing to do is get a picture of your wire harness connectors and the back of your radio and match them up. I also suggest sending them those pictures along with your car’s country and trim level when you buy it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve always communicated with Dasaita through AliExpress and they reply very fast but maybe that’s because I’m a previous customer. I would not buy from another seller other than the official store. Anyway, the best thing to do is get a picture of your wire harness connectors and the back of your radio and match them up. I also suggest sending them those pictures along with your car’s country and trim level when you buy it.
I assumed this website dasaita.com is legit, I will try using AliExpress to get in touch with them!

161 - 180 of 215 Posts