Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 21 hrv sport and was thinking of getting a dash cover. Has anyone purchased one??? If so do you like them and any certain brand to use. Thanks..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes. Like it in mine. Keeps the sun off the dash. They come with velcro tabs to full stretch it and make it smooth. I have not used those yet as i was playing with the radio.
Got mine from Autoanything.com. About $35.
365ED171-8A03-4BC1-A0DD-98E2653E6704.jpeg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the reply...one more question. I see they have carpet...suede and velour material for the dash cover.. any one better than the other...also did you have to use the velcro to hold down or did it lay on the dash without velcro..
Well in my opinion I would say carpet would be better only because the sun would probably destroy Suede and deform Velour after awhile. And for the carpet one I have, the whole bottom side has a rubber grip so it really stays in position for regular driving. It probably moved an inch from making fast maneuvers at times. But after a few weeks I did attach the velcro to my dash and it literally never moved since that day.
Before buying just make sure it will fit 2021 model. It should honestly though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My take on those dash covers is to get one in 8+ years after/if the dash cracks, meanwhile enjoy the factor dash finish!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did order a Dash Mat velour... I have had these on other cars in the past and they fit and look great..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the entire windshield tinted. I used the lightest Photosync tint which allows 70% visible light in and 62% heat reduction. I visited Palm Desert in the summer often and the dashboard got close to melting. With the windshield tinted the dashboard still got hot but there was a huge improvement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the entire windshield tinted. I used the lightest Photosync tint which allows 70% visible light in and 62% heat reduction. I visited Palm Desert in the summer often and the dashboard got close to melting. With the windshield tinted the dashboard still got hot but there was a huge improvement.
I checked with a few very good tint shops here in Louisville KY and they all told me that it is illegal to tint the windshield except for the upper tint strip....at least in Kentucky..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Have a 21 hrv sport and was thinking of getting a dash cover. Has anyone purchased one??? If so do you like them and any certain brand to use. Thanks..
I've always gotten them from Dash Designs. Made to order in Arizona. I used to get "Plush Velour", but the fit wasn't always great because the seams would cause raised areas, making the dash cover maybe 1/2" too short in overall width, from A-pillar to A-pillar.

I recently got to see one in "Sedona Suede" and the seams are basically flat and the fit was darn near spot-on. That's what I'll be getting the next time.

I checked with a few very good tint shops here in Louisville KY and they all told me that it is illegal to tint the windshield except for the upper tint strip....at least in Kentucky..
They'd be correct, same here in California. But with a 70-90% VLT tint, I doubt you'd get pulled over just for that. They have bigger fish to fry, unless the cops are looking for a reason to stop you for something else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts