Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
My blackvue camera mount is really on there and no problems with the sun here in Hawaii. The pads are decently cheap... maybe an option for you to try?

5x BlackVue Mounting Double Side Tape for DR600GW DR550GW DR500GW DR400G DR380 634420987025 | eBay
Hi Slipperyturtle.

I have been thinking of purchasing a Blackvue for ages, but have chickened out as I have a 2015 Limited edition with air bags everywhere. Two questions, did you run the connecting wire between the cameras as described in this post? and secondly, is the Blackvue as good as the promotion suggests? Thanks Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to some help from some knowledgable members :)I finally completed my installation and hardwiring of my radar and dashcam with rear camera. I wanted to share my pics and hope this will help others who may be doing this for the first time. (I am not an auto mechanic, but this similar technique has worked for me on my past 5 cars). I wanted a couple extra photos of the trunk panels removed, but I forgot to shoot the photos before putting things back together!

To be honest the hardest part was finding a ground screw for the wires!?!? I couldn't find one that my hands or tools could reach easily, (so after 2 hours with my head under the dash) I put in my own after opening the side dash panel. Routing the cables takes about 15 minutes and doing the trunk and wire boot took about 30 minutes, but then 1 hour to put the rear seatbelt cover back on with all the clips aligned.

Sorry these are not complete detailed instructions, but a guide. I (and I'm sure more experienced members) will try to answer any questions. Oh, and I had no idea how to post a thumbnail gallery of these images so you will have to scroll through them.:confused:

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the rear seatbelt cover. Just pull? I saw that you wrote you spent around an hour to put it back on. So it's not simply pull it out, push it back in?

I was about to break the thing. Not coming out just by pulling really.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My blackvue camera mount is really on there and no problems with the sun here in Hawaii. The pads are decently cheap... maybe an option for you to try?

10x BlackVue Mounting Double Side Tape for DR600GW DR550GW DR500GW DR400G DR380 for sale online
Hi Slippery. I have been reluctant to install the Blackview front and back cameras because of the limited glass areas and involved wiring front to back. Have you any photos of your setup, please? Would it be practical to mount it on the dash and parcel shelf? Cheers Tom

21 - 23 of 23 Posts