Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got the prices and the reviews now...no surprises, just as we expected for months now.

Thought we needed a thread for everyone to post and confirm once they buy their HRV and also when you expect to buy it. Curious to find the serious buyers on here and those that are still waiting in the wind....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Interesting you did not commit to a purchase date yourself, as the Thread Starter.

We are also "waiting in the wind", since I have never actually seen one. I would like to sit in it, and really compare the HR-V with both the 2015 Fit (which my Daughter already owns), and the Honda CR-V, that has more room in the back than either the Fit or HR-V. Our primary concern is that since we will be trading our Honda Odyssey for whatever car we ultimately purchase, we will be losing considerable cargo space. The HR-V may just be too small as a replacement, and a new Honda Odyssey is not an option (we want to downsize, but not too much).

I consider it prudent to delay a commitment until the car shows up at the dealerships, and I have a chance to test drive it. If that puts me in the "less cool club" on this forum, so be it.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh gosh by no means...now if you were waiting for the next 3-4 comparable vehicles or see what the 2019 might bring, then you would be in the "less cool club". ;)

Also "waiting in the wind", since I have never actually seen one. I would like to sit in it, and really compare the HR-V with both the Fit (which my Daughter already owns, and the Honda CR-V.

I consider it prudent to delay a commitment until the car shows up at the dealerships, and I have a chance to test drive it. If that puts me in the "less cool club" on this forum, so be it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'll be test driving a number of alternatives in the next few weeks and I may end up waiting to see what the Scion IM offers as well as the 2016 Subaru's. Still not sure about Subaru and I need to figure out if I really need ground clearance or not in my next vehicle for weekend trips down dirt roads.

Of course I've also been thinking about just keeping my 2002 Solara, as it's a bombproof car that has served me well and maybe a new car isn't the right choice for me right now.

Test drives are everything, so I'm in a holding pattern for the time being.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm waiting until my present car, which is old, goes up in flames on its own and explodes as I walk away in slow motion. I wouldn't buy the HRV anyway until I know it's not defective and the prices aren't jacked up because people like youz guyz demand Honda take your money ASAP. I figure the longer I wait the more options I'll have in the expanding CUV class.

·
Registered
55 Posts
another waiter here, my 2004 elantra has 182k miles on it, I will try and see how long it goes without needing any big repairs, next time something happens that requires me to spend more than 500 bucks I will ditch it and get the HR-V, if I get an extra year I might try and see if the hybrid version of the HR-V comes out, or, lets see what MPG's the fiat 500x or the CX-3 have to show for, but I doubt they will be any better than the HR-V

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Subaru Crosstrek is an excellent alternative.

I'll be test driving a number of alternatives in the next few weeks and I may end up waiting to see what the Scion IM offers as well as the 2016 Subaru's. Still not sure about Subaru and I need to figure out if I really need ground clearance or not in my next vehicle for weekend trips down dirt roads.

Of course I've also been thinking about just keeping my 2002 Solara, as it's a bombproof car that has served me well and maybe a new car isn't the right choice for me right now.

Test drives are everything, so I'm in a holding pattern for the time being.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take our money? LOL

You had me going for a minute. LOL

All comes to supply and demand.

I'm waiting until my present car, which is old, goes up in flames on its own and explodes as I walk away in slow motion. I wouldn't buy the HRV anyway until I know it's not defective and the prices aren't jacked up because people like youz guyz demand Honda take your money ASAP. I figure the longer I wait the more options I'll have in the expanding CUV class.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hybrid is probably a couple years out. I have yet to find any hybrid though worth the price as you pay so much for it to begin with and given the MPG can be a minimal difference, it has been well documented typically take 4-6 years just to break even, let alone beyond that to be worth any savings.

Honda figures whats the need for now when they have a big enough demand already. I'm curious to see how the Miata was when it came out was going several thousand above MSRP and people were willing to pay it. Should be interesting, stay tuned!

another waiter here, my 2004 elantra has 182k miles on it, I will try and see how long it goes without needing any big repairs, next time something happens that requires me to spend more than 500 bucks I will ditch it and get the HR-V, if I get an extra year I might try and see if the hybrid version of the HR-V comes out, or, lets see what MPG's the fiat 500x or the CX-3 have to show for, but I doubt they will be any better than the HR-V

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm probably in for fall, birthday is in October. After going skiing in my Fit again this last year after a few seasons of riding in friends' Subarus (Crosstrek and Forrester) I really need to upgrade before ski season comes again... Provided it actually snows this year. I lucked out that only 2 of my 6 ski classes actually happened and the pass was bare and wet. My 2008 Fit Sport only has 57k miles (commuted to work by bus first 4 years don't work downtown anymore) but it has some door dings and tears in the rubber seals on the doors where my roof rack hooked in. I'm really hoping I don't have any other cosmetic dings between now and then! Took the rack off in the mean time which upped my mpg back to 27. With the HR-V having an actual release date maybe I won't panic next time someone nearly hits me on the road, go ahead, buy my new HRV for me! I was a little bummed how high the top price went, I really wanted to get premium features for my next car, but I should have expected it. So waiting until fall gives me a chance to pad my down payment a bit more and hopefully keep monthly payments lower. Then again the savings might be a wash if my trade in value drops equally over time. Either way test drive is required and maybe I'll test a few Subarus just to make sure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
May 16th - LOL

I have test driven the CR-V, and have just been waiting to see and drive this car. The only thing I might have to decide is if I want to wait for the color I want (assuming I like this car to drive).

I wanted to buy one in Jan or Feb! So I am happy to see I've waited longer than I might to now actually own one.

If I do not like the HR-V I am likely going to buy the CR-V after I re-test it for the vibration issues I'm reading about. I'm wondering if it's a AWD issue as many of the comments I have seen are from AWD owners.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts