Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be fun for each of us to start a Countdown Clock to when we will see our first dealer car. It's Ok if that date changes, you can just adjust your clock. Mention your city and state next to your "days" in your post.

I have gotten many e-mails for different times, but the earliest one would be the 16th. So my countdown is.....

Phoenix.........6 days.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thought it would be fun for each of us to start a Countdown Clock to when we will see our first dealer car. It's Ok if that date changes, you can just adjust your clock. Mention your city and state next to your "days" in your post.

I have gotten many e-mails for different times, but the earliest one would be the 16th. So my countdown is.....

Phoenix.........6 days.
30 days. Ish. :(

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Love the idea! Is everything still thinking next Friday or any chance we might see it on the dealer lots Thursday evening?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Knoxville TN. My inrernet sales guy says he got word that his shipment would arrive between May 10 and May 15, but no sales until 15th. He invited me to put deposit on blue 2wd ex on their inventory list.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Phoenix.........6 days.

I wasn't expecting this old thread to be restarted. But it did remind me what dealers were telling me back then. That it would be April 16th!

The latest word for me is May 12th......so 5 days in Phoenix.

·
Registered
805 Posts
This reminds me of when I was waiting for the first shipment of Accords into Florida, Spring of 1976, as I recall ... sans internet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My dealer here in the St. Louis area gave me a call last weekend when they officially received word that their HR-v's were in transit. They did not have an arrival date. I am expecting a call any day with word that they are there to be looked at. But I won't be shocked if I don't hear anything before next Friday.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Even if they receive them early next week, I wouldn't expect a dealership to reach out to you until Friday as I believe they cannot actually sell them before then.

My dealer here in the St. Louis area gave me a call last weekend when they officially received word that their HR-v's were in transit. They did not have an arrival date. I am expecting a call any day with word that they are there to be looked at. But I won't be shocked if I don't hear anything before next Friday.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'll betcha somebody on this forum buys an HRV by Wednesday. Jeff in Texas said he was cleared to sell them the instant they arrived, and just don't officially report the sale to Honda till 15 May. And I wouldn't be all that surprised to see a message on here Monday night that somebody's bought an HRV. Here in New England, all the lonely HRVs are sitting at Quonset. A truck ride to an RI or CT or MA dealership is maybe one hour. You figure Honda starts shipping early so they're all on dealer lots NLT Thursday night. If you're smart, you ship a few days early so the dealers can prep them, and to give yourself some slack time.

Somebody prove me right. Buy your HRV this week.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll betcha somebody on this forum buys an HRV by Wednesday. Jeff in Texas said he was cleared to sell them the instant they arrived, and just don't officially report the sale to Honda till 15 May. And I wouldn't be all that surprised to see a message on here Monday night that somebody's bought an HRV. Here in New England, all the lonely HRVs are sitting at Quonset. A truck ride to an RI or CT or MA dealership is maybe one hour. You figure Honda starts shipping early so they're all on dealer lots NLT Thursday night. If you're smart, you ship a few days early so the dealers can prep them, and to give yourself some slack time.

Somebody prove me right. Buy your HRV this week.
That's exciting! How do you know they are there? My dealer said they have pricing and that they have 5 "coming" but that they have no date yet.. Obviously that's just what she knows.. but clearly people on this forum have known more all along! We were wondering how they would just "appear" on the 15th..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts