Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, word for word, my local Honda dealer sent me this:

"Thank you for sharing this information. You're right, there is very little information available.
Honda is really good at keeping things "under cover" ! :)
I have worked with Honda for almost 13 years and they have always gone about a new product launch, this way.
I had a chance to talk to the General Manager and interesting enough, he had just gotten off the phone with Honda.
They told him that they are pushing the in store delivery date to mid March"

And more:

"If there one thing that I've learned about Honda is, they will not release a new model until it is as close to perfect as they can get it.
When the 2015 Honda Fit was released, it also was pushed back for a few months for what they called a "white gove test".
Although they had already shipped the cars to the drop sights, they would not allow any of the cars to be released until every car and gone through the test.
With that said, that could play a part of why they are pushing it back, this soon"

Thoughts?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thank you for sharing, I'm assuming this is for the U.S. we're talking about, is that correct?

For me this is terrible news, I don't know if I can hold out until March!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, United States:)

ME NEITHER!!! My goal was to get a new vehicle before the snow started really hitting us (Minnesotan here)... but I guess that's not happening.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is horrible, I'm in Montreal, Quebec , Canada, assume it'll be about the same if not later than March. My other option, the Jeep Renegade is about the same. I'm not sure I want to wait either.

This may push me back to square one, the Mitsubishi RVR (Canada) or Outlander Sport (USA), fantastic AWD system with these, but not exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is a serious blow to me, too. I can only assume that this will be only the first of several "push backs" which are likely to last thru next June or so! The current Fit start-up problems in the Mexican plant, the continuing high demand for that model that will keep up that pressure on the new plant, the planned 2015 start of all North American HRV/Fit transmissions production in the same plant and, then, the addition of the HR-V production demands all appear to me as a "perfect storm" for future delays and/or defects.

For me at least, this means waiting till at least mid/late 2015 or going to very serious consideration of my 'Plan B': the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek. I've researched the XV intensively over the last 6 months and rated it as a very close competitor; in fact a "coin flip" decision. Well I think the flipped coin has just landed!

·
Registered
75 Posts
We have to keep in mind that dealers have a vested interest in saying that new models are delayed. It help sell what they already have in the lot.

For me too, the second choice is the Crosstrek. However, it is a distant second, because I am expecting better reliability out of Honda. Also, the HR-V has a higher cabin that would enable putting a bicycle upright - it would not fit in the Crosstrek. Finally, the HR-V electronics, if they are similar or better that the 2015 Fit, would be much better than the 2014 Crosstrek.

The 2015 Crosstrek could be improved, and we still don't know what engine the HR-V will have. I might end-up waiting for the 2016 HR-V, may be with a better engine.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I assume some more of this info will come out soon. They released info on the Euro spec model which should give us some clues. Will the HR-V debut at the North American International Auto Show this year?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was hoping the HR-V would debut at the L.A. Auto Show with a launch around the start of the year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, hopefully we can get some more insider info from people.

I wonder if they're pushing the launch to March so they can have a big reveal commercial during the Super Bowl? Also, would a March 2015 launch mean the vehicle would come out as a 2016 model year? I know Subaru had it's "2014" Foresters out in March of 2013.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was hoping the HR-V would debut at the L.A. Auto Show with a launch around the start of the year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, hopefully we can get some more insider info from people.

I wonder if they're pushing the launch to March so they can have a big reveal commercial during the Super Bowl? Also, would a March 2015 launch mean the vehicle would come out as a 2016 model year? I know Subaru had it's "2014" Foresters out in March of 2013.
Its possible it could still debut at LA, I've taken this to mean launch has been pushed back not debut. Superbowl theory is good though...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Superbowl is a great event to promote this at. Seeing how millions of people are watching and how big of a deal commercials are for superbowl..it's sure to get a lot of buzz

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well, that's complete speculation on my part about the Super Bowl. Hearing of the March opening got me thinking, from a sales standpoint, why they would push it back. Then I thought about the Super Bowl and put 2 and 2 together. I really hope it's available before then. My other option right now is a Forester, but I have my doubts about them.

·
Registered
849 Posts
If it is pushed back that late I probably won't get one. I really need a car by January and would be looking at the Lexus NX.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for this info!

I was debating having to replace the tires on my current car, and will now go ahead and do it...keep it another year and then get the H-RV.

My intention was to have it for winter driving, and since it appears that isn't going to happen this year...I can wait. My current warranty doesn't expire until next year anyway...so I guess it works out for me. Still sucks though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm just wondering if we're going to see the HR-V before Europe does? They're having their market launch on the 2nd of October and its supposed to be on sale there by summer '15...

We still haven't even had an NA launch...

The HR-V will go on sale in the UK during the Summer of 2015, Leon Brannan, Head of Car said “The HR-V is a very welcome addition to our current model line up, it is a very popular and growing market segment that appeals to both retail and corporate customers.“
“The dealer network are very much looking forward to receiving the car in their showrooms and every UK dealer will be making the trip to Paris to see the car on show“.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just the messenger--my dealer told me Honda told them it would be March. Do I completely believe them? Maybe just about 85%. But whether or not it's March, it's going to come out way later than originally anticipated, and I am just not entirely happy about that. I was banking on their original statement of November, and thought I would get a new, sturdier car by the time my job moves me a bit further away from home. Noooooooo, Honda. WHY?!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts