Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
A little off topic, but do Toyotas sold in the south (thinking Florida) still have that extra fee tacked on by some middle man company?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree they are ripping me off on that, but that is still the best price so far considering that the splash guards and wheel locks are included in the price. End price would be $370 discount from MSRP and no other fees than tax, title, tags. I asked for invoice price and they will do that, but are charging for the two accessories. I am not done my search yet though....

This is the price that I paid For EX-L AWD with Navi with the add-ons that I requested. I paid lil bit higher bcoz of add ons.

HR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation Dealer (Accessories with Installation)
Internet Price $25,618.00
Destination & Handling $880.00
Certified MSRP Dealer Discount -100
Accessories
17" Machine finish alloy wheels $1,474.80
door edge guards $122.88
splash guard set(front & rear) $161.88
lower trim front $328.38
lower trim rear $369.18
moonroof visor $187.26
grill sport $360.78
interior illumination $201.90
remote engine start system 11 $611.58
Wheel Locks (as a complementary by dealer) $0
Sub Total $30,216.64
Maryland State Tax (6%) $1,812.99
Dealer processing fee, tax and tags $(299.00)
2yr new MD tags with lien recorded( $279-financing). $20.00 less with no lien recorded(no financing-$259). $259.00
Dealer (OUT THE DOOR COST) $31,989.63

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was wrong on my math. The price the one dealer told me is $375 less than MSRP. The total would be $26,345 including destination, splash guards and wheel locks. MSRP is $26,720.

If I can find a dealer who would throw in a remote starter and charge MSRP, I would go for that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was surprised to learn yesterday that the end-of-lease buyout price did not include Pennsylvania sales tax and all fees, since when I originally leased the car, I specifically asked the dealership if the buyout price "included everything". "Is it the total amount I would have to pay if I wanted to buy the car at the end of the lease? Does it include everything? I pay that exact amount and the car is mine?" and the answer I was given was "Yes". Turns out that the buyout price does not include sales tax and it does not include a big documentation fee of about $800 and it does not include some title transfer fees. All told, the buyout price is about $2,000 higher than expected.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Car dealerships and Lawyers seem to be the same. They are seldom honest and do not seem to understand English
Florida DOC fees are the highest in the country with the average being $607 and often over $900. They are totally negotiable. See a former dealer with 42 years experience discuss DOC fees on YouTube here (I have no relationship with the YouTube channel) :

·
Registered
2021 Honda HRV EX
31 Posts
I live in Maryland and it seems most dealers here are charging a $299 documentation or processing fee. I know Maryland caps it at $300. Is this something that all dealers charge?
It is nothing but pure profit over and above about $75. The fee my dealer charged in SC was over $425. They have to charge everyone the same fee or they will get in legal problems, so I told them I would pay the full fee but that my offer on the car was reduced by the amount of the fee in excess of the $75. They accepted the offer.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Not much wiggle room on the HRV (unlike the top tier/pricey vehicles). Where they get you is when you get asked about the add ons like undercoat, fabric sprays, sealants, extended warranties, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In Texas (unless they've gone up again in the last 2 years) it is $150. It originally was $50. It is a bogus fee to raise the profit on each car sold. Well, they do send one guy to the courthouse 2 or 3 times a month to do all the tags so they do have a small fee divided across however many tags he is doing on that trip. So maybe $10-15 and only $135 is bogus.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD
95 Posts
Our document fee was $230 when we got our HR-V last month. That included dealer's "document preparation fee", and the title and plate fees for the state.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts