Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what people are finding just about less than a week after the initial shipment of HRVs arrived.

I have several Honda dealerships in my area and it seems they are nearly SOLD OUT! Unfortunately, not good timing for those looking for a new vehicle this holiday weekend. :(

·
Registered
632 Posts
According to Cars.com, there are 160 HR-V's within 100 miles of me, and 20 within 10 miles...if I were buying this weekend, I don't think I would have a problem finding one.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw the same thing, but we have all learned by now that many of those were up well before they even got the cars LOL Often used as place holders or even for vehicles they are expecting in the coming weeks or months.

Most accurate to go by what is actually on the lots or from the dealership. ;)

According to Cars.com, there are 160 HR-V's within 100 miles of me, and 20 within 10 miles...if I were buying this weekend, I don't think I would have a problem finding one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My local Dealer has 6 of the 7 he started with last week. If one of them was a silver or blue EX-L Navi he'd have 5. I will wait until exactly what I want is available. I've waited this long, a little longer won't hurt. It's not as if they are going to stop making them.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the problem at first they have no control over what they get in so if its not what most people will want, then just more time involved.

My local Dealer has 6 of the 7 he started with last week. If one of them was a silver or blue EX-L Navi he'd have 5. I will wait until exactly what I want is available. I've waited this long, a little longer won't hurt. It's not as if they are going to stop making them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealership said it's best to put a deposit down to ensure you get exactly what you want. We'll see if that holds true for the time frame we are looking to purchase.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
My dealership said it's best to put a deposit down to ensure you get exactly what you want. We'll see if that holds true for the time frame we are looking to purchase.
It was always expected that each dealer would only get a handful of cars in the beginning. I think if you are willing to wait a month, that will all change as larger shipments come in.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely the best approach to take. Which color and trim level you going with?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Everyone should come to Nashville. As of last night, we have 35 available, just at the three Honda dealers here in the city. There is a nice mix of LX/EX, and FWD/AWD as well. If your willing to drive an extra hour or so, to the outlying dealerships , that number goes up substantially.

No shortages here!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Just talking about the Phoenix area, but I asked one dealer about deposits on a specific color and level I was interested in. He said it was just too much hassle to hold the money and then having to pay it back later.

You know, we are not talking about hand built Rolls Royce's here, this is a mass production car. So when production really ramps up there will be supply all over the place.

Any dealer with even half an interest in making money, will be more than happy to call you the second they know your model is on it's way.

This isn't the 1964 1/2 Mustang here. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally decided to expand my search - found one dealer in Columbus Ohio who has 36 on his lot. All colors so I can see and compare them all. 2 days ago when I found this they had 45.
There is a dealer in the Baltimore area with 2 locations whose website shows 56 HRVs. How is it possible that the location I went to had ONE and it was an LX, which I'm not interested in purchasing. Another dealership's website is showing 5, but I only saw one and it looked like it had been prepped for someone to purchase. Not sure how it happened, but I walked THROUGH the showroom and wandered around the lot and not one salesman approached me. (fine with me, at this point as I'm not planning on buying until the end of June/beginning of July...thinking 4th of July sales, should there be any deals applied to the HRV).

BTW, has anyone received any "loyalty" discounts from Honda? This will be my third one.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just talking about the Phoenix area, but I asked one dealer about deposits on a specific color and level I was interested in. He said it was just too much hassle to hold the money and then having to pay it back later.

You know, we are not talking about hand built Rolls Royce's here, this is a mass production car. So when production really ramps up there will be supply all over the place.

Any dealer with even half an interest in making money, will be more than happy to call you the second they know your model is on it's way.

This isn't the 1964 1/2 Mustang here. :)
First car I ever drove.....1964 1/2 Ford Mustang....Red.....loved it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dealer I went to today had 7 and more on the way. A black, a couple silvers, a steel, a white and 2 blues (one LX one EX). I don't know how many of the others were LX or EX but I do know they were all AWD. Not sure if they had an EX-L.

I bought the blue EX. Very happy so far.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The dealer I went to today had 7 and more on the way. A black, a couple silvers, a steel, a white and 2 blues (one LX one EX). I don't know how many of the others were LX or EX but I do know they were all AWD. Not sure if they had an EX-L.

I bought the blue EX. Very happy so far.
Great! I love that blue color. Enjoy your new car!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts