Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed my deposit on my white, EX-L AWD. I'm thrilled that my wait is almost over! The scheduled arrival date at my dealer is 4/26, or there abouts. The dealer was kind enough to ask if I wanted the clear bra or tint on remaining windows (no and no). So, should be a fairly vanilla (get it, white?) HR-V in my driveway the first week in May!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
CONGRATS!

I have purchased enough vehicles through my local Honda dealership that they know I am serious and said due to that, I didn't need to leave a deposit. :)

I just placed my deposit on my white, EX-L AWD. I'm thrilled that my wait is almost over! The scheduled arrival date at my dealer is 4/26, or there abouts. The dealer was kind enough to ask if I wanted the clear bra or tint on remaining windows (no and no). So, should be a fairly vanilla (get it, white?) HR-V in my driveway the first week in May!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

Awesome and congrats!

Hopefully I will see a white HR-V before then, but I would appreciate pictures.

Also I hope you will keep us up to date on any issues you may encounter.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
So you will be able to avoid any dealer add ons? Did they give you any idea of purchase price?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No dealer add ons, and no information on pricing yet. That will determine if I get the car from this dealer, or another. I'm working with the internet sales team, so they know I've got my feelers out to the other Honda dealers in town. I'll drive to save.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
No dealer add ons, and no information on pricing yet. That will determine if I get the car from this dealer, or another. I'm working with the internet sales team, so they know I've got my feelers out to the other Honda dealers in town. I'll drive to save.
Good plan. I also plan to start with the internet sales team.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
How are you connecting with the Internet sales team? Through individual dealerships or some other source? Thx.

When you e-mail them, as opposed to calling, you are more likely to get the internet/fleet sales team. I e-mailed just about every dealer directly in my area.
I just did an internet search to find the dealers.

When pricing comes out, you can use the "build" function on the Honda website and you will get referrals to dealerships to get their prices. Or you could just get the price there as a starting point and e-mail local dealers separately on your own. I like the build function because it is easier to get a price on a "clean" car without the accessorizing dealers like to do before putting cars on the lot.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I emailed all 5 of the Internet sales team members of my local dealership and never got a response lol. Maybe they thought I was spamming them.

Wow that is pretty bad. You would think they would see you are a hot lead and send you something. Probably the best explanation is since they don't have any HR-Vs to sell, they are not interested in responding.

Here in the Phoenix area, all of them responded. Then after that, when I would get their generic e-mails, I would remind them I am only interested in the HR-V.

One even wrote back and apologized for spamming me, and promised he would send me any info on the HR-V as he received it.:)

I really admire and appreciate those that keep track of their contacts really well and remember you. Makes me feel more likely to buy with them. Contrast that with the hotshots that put the pressure on right way and then drop you like a hot potato if you don't bite right away. I remember those and vow I will never use them.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How are you connecting with the Internet sales team? Through individual dealerships or some other source? Thx.
The way I get to me is by going to their web site, and there is usually a chat function. That will get you direct into the internet team. They always end up giving you the lowest price from that dealer because they know you are shopping them against other dealers the same way.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Got an email from my dealer saying that April 30th is the official release date. With my deposit down, that should mean I'm driving my white EX-L AWD around town on the 1st of May!

Glad to see that they gave you an exact date of when to expect it.

Have you started looking into accessories/modifications as yet?

Good time to start!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glad to see that they gave you an exact date of when to expect it.

Have you started looking into accessories/modifications as yet?

Good time to start!
A little. I will probably shop for wheels once I get the car. I'll put the OEM wheels on Craigslist and use the proceeds to fund my new wheels. Or, maybe I'll just keep the OEMs! lol

I do want the cross bars, and probably the sport grill. I'll add a clear bra, and perhaps tint the front windows to match the rest of the car. Eventually I may add a trailer hitch for light loads, but we'll have to see on that.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I will want to add a hitch mount bike rack, but don't know how it should be done. Should the hitch come from the dealer or be added aftermarket? How do I decide the best way to go?

Do you have any experience?
I've gone to uhaul for a hitch before. It was relatively inexpensive ($100 or so). The install was easy and the wiring was trivial. You could also try any sort of truck accessory store.

Have you seen the pictures from Ausratlia where they have a fork attachment that goes along the back seats so when folded down you can put two bikes in the back? I'd love that set up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts