Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my 2021 HR-V EX AWD is officially under 2 weeks old, and already somebody in a parking lot opened their door into my rear passenger door! It probably didn't break the paint, but it left a little ding that stands out like a sore thumb. The person in the other car was there and we exchanged insurance info, but will see if anything comes of it. I reported it to my insurance and am waiting. Hopefully I can get it repaired with a paintless dent repair.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ouch! The first damage is always the worst. At least you got the other person's info. My HR-V was hit hard by what appeared to be the edge of a bookshelf or something. There was a large, vertical crease/dent in the PSF door that ran from the door handle down the rocker. It was a hit-n-run to boot.

I got it PDR'ed, and the tech got it to where you couldn't tell it was ever hit unless the light is low and hits at just the perfect angle.

The car also got hit by a shopping cart that left two tiny dings in the DSR door by the wheel arch, and I backed into my recycle bin and got a dime-sized dent in the hatch next to the license plate.

That damage I left be. It's small enough that you can't notice it immediately, and I figure that, in my mind, the car is no longer perfect, so I will not stress about keeping it perfect. Keep it clean? Absolutely. Keep it flawless? Eh, wear and tear excepted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry that happened. Glad you have the other persons info. Hopefully they will pay for a PDR person. The PDR guys can really do some amazing things.

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry that happened. Glad you have the other persons info. Hopefully they will pay for a PDR person. The PDR guys can really do some amazing things.
I have an appointment tomorrow at a repair shop for an estimate, their insurance gave me a few shops to choose from. I'm hoping the PDR will be done, since I do not want the original paint messed with.

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, now I find out that the ding has cut into the paint. I will need the whole door repainted 😒

·
Registered
32 Posts
That all stinks but at least the other party is taking care of it. Most of the time you're just stuck with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That sucks, I hope the repair turns out well and it gets color matched correctly too.

On a side note. You could get the factory Side Molding ( I call them door ding guards). Yes they do have limitations such as not being helpful against lifted trucks/suvs or rear doors since those have a cut out for the wheel well causing them to bypass the Side Moulding, but they can help in some situations.

I have them. They're super easy to install. And I got black ones to contrast with my blue HRV which makes it look sportier. lol.

I always try to park at the far end of the parking lot too, but I seem to constantly find someone parked right next to me even though I'm a mile from the store entrance and theres like 40 empty spaces around me...😑....hence the door ding guards. lol.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Color matching may be difficult depending on the color. My White Orchid Pearl was a big pain when my bride was rear-ended on the highway. I'm still not 100% happy with the results.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
645 Posts
I had to get my Brilliant Sporty Blue (Aegean Blue) bonnet resprayed last year and the independent bodyshop I took it to done a very good job of colour matching it to the two wings. As it is an insurance jobbie you have the added protection of them acting on your behalf if you are not happy with the finish.

As for parking miles away from other vehicles, my wife had a Sunday appointment at the local hospital. I parked the furthest away from any one else, and there was at least enough space around me to park well over 30 cars - I counted it!. I came back to find some cockwomble of a CRV driver had parked so close to me he had to either exit the vehicle via the passenger side or the sunroof.

I raised this topic on another forum, and a few members on there admitted to deliberately seeking out vehicles that had parked miles away from other vehicles or the entrance to the store, just for shitz n giggles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had to get my Brilliant Sporty Blue (Aegean Blue) bonnet resprayed last year and the independent bodyshop I took it to done a very good job of colour matching it to the two wings. As it is an insurance jobbie you have the added protection of them acting on your behalf if you are not happy with the finish.

As for parking miles away from other vehicles, my wife had a Sunday appointment at the local hospital. I parked the furthest away from any one else, and there was at least enough space around me to park well over 30 cars - I counted it!. I came back to find some cockwomble of a CRV driver had parked so close to me he had to either exit the vehicle via the passenger side or the sunroof.

I raised this topic on another forum, and a few members on there admitted to deliberately seeking out vehicles that had parked miles away from other vehicles or the entrance to the store, just for shitz n giggles.

View attachment 32397
We just can't win. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 HRV EX CVT. 1.5 Earth Dreams. Modern Steel.
33 Posts
So, my 2021 HR-V EX AWD is officially under 2 weeks old, and already somebody in a parking lot opened their door into my rear passenger door! It probably didn't break the paint, but it left a little ding that stands out like a sore thumb. The person in the other car was there and we exchanged insurance info, but will see if anything comes of it. I reported it to my insurance and am waiting. Hopefully I can get it repaired with a paintless dent repair.
Paintless Dent repairs can be amazingly good. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update on the ding, I will be getting full coverage repair and rental from the insurance company of the lady who dinged my car (actually her kid dinged it). I'm just waiting for the auto body shop to set up a time to drop it off. Enterprise Rental will supply us with the rental car, hopefully not too bad of a ride. I'll post pics of before and after when the job is done.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Update on the ding, I will be getting full coverage repair and rental from the insurance company of the lady who dinged my car (actually her kid dinged it). I'm just waiting for the auto body shop to set up a time to drop it off. Enterprise Rental will supply us with the rental car, hopefully not too bad of a ride. I'll post pics of before and after when the job is done.
Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hope all goes well!
[/QUOTE
I have to wait until September 15th to drop the car off, then hopefully will be done within 2 days. I will tell them to take their time though, as the rental is on the insurance, and I want them to do it right the first time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Probably too late to help you now. You do not have to go to the other insurers recommended shop. It is recommended by then because the do it cheaper, not better. You should find the best shop in your area & use them. A good shop will be able to match paint. Good luck I hope the repair is done well & is painless.

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Probably too late to help you now. You do not have to go to the other insurers recommended shop. It is recommended by then because the do it cheaper, not better. You should find the best shop in your area & use them. A good shop will be able to match paint. Good luck I hope the repair is done well & is painless.
/The reviews for the shop I'm taking it to are mostly very high marks. They guarantee the work and the shop looks very clean. Hopefully it turns out well.

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Grille
Automotive lighting Hood Car Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 HR-V EX
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Body shop did a great job! Caliber Collision, I think it's a national chain in the states. We had to endure a rental from Enterprise for a week, in a nasty smelling Chevy Malibu. It's a decent riding car, but the smell of the smoker who had it before made it unbearable. I'm really glad to have our HR-V back 😎

·
Registered
98 Posts
Man, that's not fun, but, as someone said above, the first is the worst. Our '21 is 2 mos old, still flawless....our '15 littler Honda was virtually flawless when we bought it, but (idiot drivers and their oversized vehicles they can't drive and have a penchant for trying to back into any park space)between my workplace and the grocery store, it's been dinged/scraped/bruised in a bunch of spots....luckily, not down to bare metal anywhere, and it's black.....I clean the spot as well as possible and touch it up with a Sharpie marker (it's black, it works pretty well). Gonna be a sad day when my wife's HRV gets it's first ding, but it happens, anymore - too many people, not many careful enough parking around other peoples' cars

1 - 20 of 20 Posts