Honda HR-V Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

Super Moderator
No, they just have enough power to keep your devices working.

They used to have ash trays in the cars. :)

Registered
Did you know that DRL's are required in Canada and Europe? They are proven safer everywhere....I assume they are cheaper to put on every car. I think I will leave mine on

Registered
Did anyone try this? (Found on rensselaerhonda.com)

Below are the steps to turn off the daytime running lights while keeping the vehicle running.
  1. Turn off the vehicle.
  2. Engage the parking brake
  3. Turn the Vehicle back on
And thats it! After those 3 simple steps the vehicle will be running but the daytime running lights will be off.

Just as an FYI you can disable your DRLs and there are no ill effects. I pulled the fuse and tested it to see if there were any problems or warning lights or anything and there were not, everything works as it should just no DRLs which I personally dislike so I got rid of them. Then I reused the fuse position for my add a circuit and hard wired my wife's radar detector. Now no wires show at all and the dumb dim yellow DRLs are gone. I am pleased with my evenings work.

Disable them on every vehicle I can, like them on motorcycles not on cars.

Registered
Did anyone try this? (Found on rensselaerhonda.com)

Below are the steps to turn off the daytime running lights while keeping the vehicle running.
  1. Turn off the vehicle.
  2. Engage the parking brake
  3. Turn the Vehicle back on
And thats it! After those 3 simple steps the vehicle will be running but the daytime running lights will be off.
That doesn't disable them. It just turns them off until the next time you disengage the parking brake and put the car in gear.

Registered
That doesn't disable them. It just turns them off until the next time you disengage the parking brake and put the car in gear.
Does this work with an electronic parking brake.?
How do you engage this when the car is off? (or do you engage the parking brake when car is running, then turn it off, then on again..?)
Any help would be great, as I hate when I'm parked somewhere (engine running), and my DRL (LED's) are glaring out at passer buyers.
Thanks in advance for any help..!

Registered
Does this work with an electronic parking brake.?
How do you engage this when the car is off? (or do you engage the parking brake when car is running, then turn it off, then on again..?)
Any help would be great, as I hate when I'm parked somewhere (engine running), and my DRL (LED's) are glaring out at passer buyers.
Thanks in advance for any help..!
From page 497 of the manual...
To apply The electric parking brake can be applied any time the vehicle has battery, no matter which position the ignition switch is in.
Pull the electric parking brake switch up gently and securely. The electric parking brake indicator comes on.

Registered
Well Guys,
Nothing worked for me on this issue...!
Car off, seat belt on, pull up parking brake, indicator light appears, start car (foot on brake and push start), - DRL's come on.....!!!
I guess they don't have this option here in Thailand. BTW - model = 2017 EL AT (top trim).
Oh well, unless anyone knows anything different...
Thanks...

61 - 70 of 70 Posts