Honda HR-V Forum banner

921 - 940 of 978 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why didn’t you replace your wrecked car with a CR-V? I had a CR-V before, and I admit it is a better car too. You will get organizing your HR-V figured out with time…I did. My glass is all good and I have had no problems. I do miss the CR-V’s center console too. The back seats are great, you will like them. You said nothing about the biggest difference…the engine. The CR-V’s is light years better than the HR-V’s. If your windshield is not perfect,, push them until it is. It almost sounds like you want us to fix your problems? Did you not get to look at it and drive it before you bought it?
I was looking at CRVs online for weeks and got a ride two hours one way to check two out in Roseburg. While there looked at several and just for the heck of it, checked out the HRV. I saw online the feature of the backseats going up for taller items that needed transport. I drove and liked the HRV but was in a parking lot at the fairgrounds when I test drove it. (Still shaky about driving after totaling my CRV. hadn't driven yet since the accident) So I did not notice the wavy windshield. I was burned out after looking at so many cars that day and online. Went for lunch and just decided to get the one I did.
I'm not asking anyone here to fix my car problems! What gave you that idea? The title to the section I found and answered to is "Dislikes about Honda HRVs - let's hear it!" so that is what I did. I didn't ask for anyone here to fix it. I wondered if others had the problem of the windshield since I spent all day waiting for it to be replaced and the new one had the same problem.
I live in a small town on the west coast. It's over a half hour to the local Honda dealer and two hours to the place I bought mine. There are many extremely foggy days here and sometimes the fog is so dense we depend on seeing the white lines to let us know where we are on the road. When the lines swoop into the car, it is disorienting and dangerous at night in fog or if another car's headlights make it hard to see.
I don't know that much about engines. But I do know the CRV felt more solid on the road. I am getting 33.6 MPG on the highway and 28 + in town. CRV was 27 overall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see in email that you replied again, but I can't see the reply here when I click on the link! Yes, Roseburg south of Eugene. I had a CRV so was familiar with that, HRV not that much different, mainly smaller. I got my first Honda in the '70s and have been very happy with all seven of them. We currently have 3 Hondas in the family, plus my sister loves her 1993 del Sol and a friend just took the 1995 Accord I sold him to Texas. I'm sold on Honda! As I said, I didn't notice the windshield before as I was driving it in a parking lot just to get the feel. I was hoping to be able to get used to the lack of space in the HRV, but still working on that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you dislike about the HRV?
brake light leaking water, sunroof won't always close,why can't we get automatic for hatch to open? engine awful, door handles weird, could be a great car but they failed to think of some important factors. Even the seat adjuster is manual on the top of the line??

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sounds like this car wasn't meant for you. Did you try it before you bought it? Your door handles are "weird?"...Mine look nice

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wonder if Sunset means the rear passenger handles- personally I love them- People ask how to open the door, when I show them the handle, they think they are very cool.
Sunset- has your dealer resolved any of these issues?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’m 5 foot 6 inches tall and where I position my seat the a pillar(pillar connected to the windshield) is a decently sized blind spot.

It’s bigger than other vehicles I’ve driven but that’s about the only thing I don’t really like about my hrv.

Besides that I love it.

Edit: I actually also don’t like the fact a lot of parts for the hrv are now being manufactured in China.
All the parts on my older Honda’s are Japan made.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I don’t think there is a blind spot created by the drivers height (unless you are extremely short or tall) in the A pillar. My wife is 5’2” and uses a seat cushion to raise the driving position, and has never complained about a “blind spot”. If they were any narrower, the car would be less safe in a rollover. I do not like Chinese car parts either,, but I am guessing Honda’s have less Chinese parts than most others

·
Registered
5 Posts
With front wipers on and in Reverse the rear wiper activates itself. What if rear blade damaged and might scrape back window if on, or a bike rack attached and rear wiper running a bad idea? Useless engineering I say.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Agree it is annoying to have rear wiper working autonomously. I guess the only choice is to momentarily turn off front wipers when reversing. I don’t find it a big problem, but it’s no advantage, in my opinion.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I agree that Honda sometimes thinks to much in an effort to “protect us from ourselves”, but I do not see a problem here. I don’t think we should be buying a car if we cannot afford to keep it up (buying new wiper blades when needed). I realize all bike racks are different, but mine is a good 4” from the wiper. The 2 areas where they did not think enough are having touch screen controls and the keyless entry. Having no lockable storage areas was something they did not think enough about

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
I still have one of those carriers. They dont seem to be popular anymore along with the roof carriers. Trailer hitch mounts seem to be popular now. This reminded me to throw mine away.:)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Wonder if Sunset means the rear passenger handles- personally I love them- People ask how to open the door, when I show them the handle, they think they are very cool.
Sunset- has your dealer resolved any of these issues?
It's weird to me how many people really dislike those rear handles work fine for me?
Agree it is annoying to have rear wiper working autonomously. I guess the only choice is to momentarily turn off front wipers when reversing. I don’t find it a big problem, but it’s no advantage, in my opinion.
I actually thought that was a nice touch, but I'm an engineer so I guess I think like them. You don't like having a clear window when backing up? Doesn't hurt anything... Unless as said above your car is already broken?
I still have one of those carriers. They dont seem to be popular anymore along with the roof carriers. Trailer hitch mounts seem to be popular now. This reminded me to throw mine away.:)
You should throw away your hatch mounted bike carrier before it throws your bike away. I worked at a bike shop, I've seen the carnage they create when they fail, and the damage hanger style racks cause to bikes. You get what you pay for with them... Hitch mounted tray style are the only way to go for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
I haven't used it in ages. It was for my 90 civic wagon. When I needed to cary more than one bike. The carrier is probably older than some people here. :)

I only buy cars my bike will fit in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a couple of complaints.... but like most said, they are easy to ignore because I like the vehicle overall.

1. I think the cupholders in the front console are stupid.
2. Underpowered.
3. My shifter knob is too skinny (easy change)
4. Lack of adjustable settings so far. I want to change my locks so that when I open the Driver door, all doors unlock like they do with the passenger door.

I could probably think of more if I cared to. But overall I really like the vehicle. Can't wait to do some stuff to it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I agree about the door locks not being programmable to open all when you open driver side- but then I look back to the time when I actually had to stick a key in the door and realize we have come a long way!

I do like the adjustable cup holders- but nothing beats the driver & passenger front cup holders on the Honda Fit

·
Registered
562 Posts
I mentioned my dislike of touchsreens to my mechanic. He said they use them because they are cheaper...and reminded me of all the knobs they replace and suggested I get used to them

·
Registered
928 Posts
There is a shorter Owner’s Guide and the a Detailed Owners Manual. I have both bookmarked. You can access through the Honda Portal.

The power is good for me as normally just me or me and my wife. If carrying bigger loads often, then the CRV would have been the better Honda choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. no remote start, 2 bulky remotes if honda adds it
2. power seat only in leather with the touring
3. storage compartment in the center console. I need something for coin (parking meters), sunglasses backup
4. no place to store my handicap parking tag, a map pocket in the door instead of more drink holders.
5. side mirror indicators when cars are beside you
6. gas filler cap release....i have to open the door to reach it (we have full service stations)
7.honda needs to advertise the flip up back seat......perfect for my VA rollator(s)

921 - 940 of 978 Posts