Honda HR-V Forum banner

941 - 960 of 978 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The audio system/head unit that Honda installs in its Australian models are just an absolute joke! Absolutely hopeless to use and seem to date back to the 80’s in looks and the phone usage, Bluetooth is useless. The system for Bluetooth in the 2011 Honda Jazz that we just got rid of has a better system for Bluetooth calls.
Honda have no plans in Aus to have no Apple Carplay or Android Auto installed either, which would solve most of the issues!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you dislike about the HRV?
HATE is not a strong enough word for the way I feel about this car. Uncomfortable driver’s seat- inaccurate mirrors- defective sunroof clog that cost me 800$- peeling rear tire ‘protective’ paint- rear hatch sticks-awkward formation of rear tire to door ratio- awkward shifting in first gear when going up a hill- no acceleration for on ramps-

·
Registered
132 Posts
My complaint (though I realize that 'this world' doesn't like complainers), might be...
why doesn't a twenty-three-thousand-dollar vehicle have absolutely all the features and accessories,
stuff and gadgets and whatever... of a forty-thousand, or even a sixty-thousand-dollar vehicle?
C'mon, Honda! What's wrong with you?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear complaints from Daimler-Maybach owners... like: "It attracts waay too much envy."

I agree somewhat with concerns regarding acceleration capabilities. Don't they employ test-drivers any more?
Yes, they do... and they also employ squadrons of 'bean-counters' to make sure
things keep on keeping on there at Honda-Corp.

Perhaps the ideal technique for merging is to just intrude and slam it in there as offensively as possible? Courtesy and respect for all while on the road are largely regarded as overly burdensome concepts and behaviors, are they not?

Self-styled 'Excellent Drivers' are all over the place out there... habitually daydreaming, furiously communicating, drinking and dining, blasting rad tunes out for all the world to enjoy, smoking fat joints... some even sleeping soundly in their bonfires-waiting-to-happen, the fascinating all-electric Musk, all while traveling at eighty mph... that's how it is out on our roads today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HRV 2016-Noise started coming from rear end when parked vehicle. Used parking lever & shift on P position with service brake pressed fully. While turning off the push switch noise from rear of a metallic touch for approximately 1sec. Dealer changed both rear brake calipers & Actuators.-26242 Kim’s. Worked fine with no noise. Cause mentioned “Defective parts”. The noise problem has come back again within one to three months I guess. I am still trying to get it fixed. I regret the investment as I have got warning light in respect of Smart entry problem.I did an engine compartment cleaning including battery leak sulphate deposits. Now Smart entry light has settled subject to further verification.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a remedy to the above problems , I am now considering to install a new battery of a good quality and before that the battery terminal and cables should be cleaned spot free of sulphate deposits . I find that leaving the car untouched damages the batter’s performance & life. Constant battery use to keep charging the battery is battey’s health, I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dislikes: So much road noise, I can feel every single bump in the road/vibration through the gas/brake pedals, SO SO SLOW, blinker continues to blink after I switch it off for a couple seconds, steering wheel needs to be able to come out further. Likes: Great looking exterior/interior, great gas mileage, Apple Play, can go a long time before it needs an oil change, magic seats.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Dislikes: So much road noise, I can feel every single bump in the road/vibration through the gas/brake pedals, SO SO SLOW, blinker continues to blink after I switch it off for a couple seconds, steering wheel needs to be able to come out further. Likes: Great looking exterior/interior, great gas mileage, Apple Play, can go a long time before it needs an oil change, magic seats.
There are some good threads on reducing the road noise on the forum. Spray insulation in the wheel well area, or the Noico 80mil liners are good simple solutions. I also found that replacing the stock tires did wonders for reducing road noise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2016 HRV dislikes;
1) mud builds up on inside of wheels causing serous vibration. Normal automatic car wash will not remove the mud. We live on dirt road so every time it rains.
2) dash display lights failed twice.
3) Road Noise as others have pointed out
4) serious grinding and vibration under acceleration at times (dealership still can’t figure it out)
2) cabin space
3) all wheel drive
4) button push start (keep the key in my pocket) open lock doors without getting key out of pocket
5) HondaLink features
6) Bluetooth stuff
7) Easy to park in crappy small parking spaces at Walmart
8) Backup camera

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm very disappointed in my new HR-V Elegance bought in Belgium (Europe) :(
I which I could return it and even lose 1000 euro's.

1) It makes an horrible loud noise when accellerating, even when you are already at 110km/u. It's like shifting from 5 to 3 on a manual gear.
2) They have Garmin installed and don't allow other program like Wase to be installed. Isn't that illegal like Microsoft and there browser a wile back? And, no I don't want to connect my phone with a USB 2000x/year.
3) You need to swap over FM, LW, MW, .... to go from bluetooth to DAB
4) The rain just stays on the sidewindows after letting them go down and up! So you need to step out again and remove the rain-dropt with your hand. So all the rain also go's in your door!!!
5) The doors don't lock automaticly reaching 25km/u !
6) The doorlock-switch can easily be triggerd by a dog left in the car with even the keys in the car !!!!
7) The big console behind the indoor-mirror obstruct the sight. You can't see all traficlights!
8) Window-lock also provent the driver himselve (and his front passager) to open or close the other 3 windows!???? The dogs can open the window or you can't as well :(
9) The built in Android tablet can't be hacked anymore and is SOOOO SLOW, it even doesn't react somethimes. So when the dashboard says "fuel to low" you can't even go to the tablet to see how many km you still could drive.
10) As soon as you shut down the motor, you can't clap the mirrors nor can you opperate the windows anymore. Not even for a minute?!
11) The "keep brake"-switch is set back to off the next time you start the car
12) The "stop/start motor"-switch is set back to off the next time you start the car
13) The truck doesn't lock well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dilike how loud the a/c fan is when on!! I dislike how short the sun visor are!!!! They should have a pull out to block the sun from any angle. I dislike there is not an arm rest in the middle. I dislike that my iPod will not play anymore! I dislike the back headrest! They are terrible and when you pull them up to use the headrest left a groove in the back rest, it looks horrible if you leave the head rest up. I have leather seats nd not sure they are real leather and not pleather!

·
Registered
568 Posts
did you know the HR-V sunvisor slid on it's pivot support? And I think all HR-V's have a center armrest for the front seats...60/40 seats with a center armrests are difficult to design

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've only got 1,000 miles so far.
  • Quick blinker is too quick - 3 blinks is not enough. So I just use the normal turn signal.
  • It took me forever to find a place for my sunglasses - the slot next to my right knee. It even has a bump to hold the glasses from sliding into the USB charger area.
  • I worry about the cleanliness/longevity of the cloth on the doors. I have to remind myself not to put my arm up there to keep it clean.
  • I like the cupholders. Yes, the back one is not really useful as it is behind me. But I use it as a coin holder and keep it closed with the lever. I can then keep something lightweight on top if needed. I use the front one all the time with various beverages and haven't had any issues with it.
  • I wish there was a place for tissues/napkins. I'd use the arm rest holder, but I have all my loyalty cards in the deep cavity.
  • Long ago, my first Honda had an amazing feature in the vents. It had a single fresh air vent in the center of the car. I could open/close it and still have the AC/heat on. It was wonderful as I could get some fresh air AND have the heater heating my feet or the windshield. I have longed for that little vent to return in all of my next Hondas, but alas it's never returned.
  • I'm still trying to get the options sorted out concerning door unlocking with the fob. There are too many 'if this, then that' options, so I'm slowly going through each to customize it.
  • I don't quite get the Range meter while driving. I would like different settings on that menu. Like Trip A & Trip B at the same time.
  • There are several blank screens in the multi info display that seem like other apps may be installed there, but I can't find any information about it.
  • I laugh everytime I use the back wiper. It's so small but it does the job.
  • My Pilot had several hooks in the cargo area that were great for holding onto grocery bags and keeping them from sliding. I wish the HRV had them.
I traded in my 13yo Pilot for this HRV and I really love it. I find it quite zippy and handles turns so nicely. I really love the lift up rear seats. I can put an ice chest on the floorboard easily.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
248 Posts
It's probably been mentioned... but right now, I'm seriously hating the wipers. The driver's side wiper is useless on the upper portion. It's like the stupid blade is frozen (despite it being WARM) and can't straighten out. End result is a giant swath of water that doesn't get wiped away.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Agree about the blinkers. I would prefer 4-5.

Sunglasses-mine are on left side down on floor in the cubby. Great place and can reach by hand while driving.

Napkins fit great where USB port is

·
Registered
91 Posts
Foggy windows

Me, too...
I just got my 2017 HR-V two weeks ago and has happened constantly. I've been driving cars of all kinds for 50 years and never had this happen this much. I've tried all of the fan configurations, too and it's hit or miss. The only thing that I can do is turn the wipers on to clear the condensation on the windshield every few minutes but it doesn't seem normal. ( and the wiper blades that came on the car are streaking . I will probably change those out before winter) this is dangerous and don't know what to do next.

The dealer just shrugs and is not helpful at all. I've had 3 previous Hondas & they were pretty good . My last car was a 2014 FIT and I regret swapping for this new one. I'd go back and get a new FIT except that I'm leasing this HRV and now I'm pretty much stuck. Wish I'd known these things before signing !
Close the dash vents,which gives more air power to your windows

941 - 960 of 978 Posts