Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a new HR-V Sport here in New Zealand. Every time I turn the ignition on, I have to accept the warning message/terms & conditions on the main audio display panel by tapping the OK box. The message does not dismiss itself ever (which may be the case for some other country variants), and if not dismissed the display reverts to the digital clock. It's getting annoying to do this every time I start the car. Is there a custom setting to disable this?
The message is something like this:-

"Notice! The driver is responsible for the safe operation of this vehicle. Use this system only when traffic conditions permit. For further details see your owner's manual"

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
...Every time I turn the ignition on, I have to accept the warning message/terms & conditions on the main audio display panel by tapping the OK box. The message does not dismiss itself ever (which may be the case for some other country variants), and if not dismissed the display reverts to the digital clock.
I'm not sure I understand, as "message does not dismiss itself ever" seems to contradict "if not dismissed the display reverts to the digital clock."

Mine always (eventually) gets to whatever screen was displayed when the car was turned off; radio, USB, info., etc.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
As far as I know, Honda's with this touch screen all force you to accept this disclaimer every time after you start the car.
I have a friend with a new 2016 Civic, same thing.

I wish you could disable it, but I don't think it is possible.

Noted here:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/189722-how-disable-warning-message.html

There is a menu selection in the developer menu to turn the warning off, however every time you restart the vehicle that developer menu resets, which means the warning message comes up. That's weird it doesn't disappear unless you press the OK button.

In short, there is no way to make the warning go away permanently.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
As far as I know, Honda's with this touch screen all force you to accept this disclaimer every time after you start the car.
I have a friend with a new 2016 Civic, same thing.
More likely Honda's lawyers force you to accept this disclaimer. I remember seeing a warning label on one of those reflective sunshades that you stick inside a windshield to help reduce heat buildup in a car parked in the sun:

Other gems: https://goo.gl/bYGpLl

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If you find the solution, let me know. I did start another post with the same topicI have my HRV for about 2 weeks now and this message already turn me crazy!!!
I can not imagine having to press this **** OK button 6 times a day for the next 4 years! That mean I will have to push it a total of 8760 times in 4 years!!!! (6x365x4!!)
Patience. There is no need to push the OK button ever. I timed it yesterday:

15 seconds from ignition on until the initial screens disappear
05 seconds from the appearance of the menu screen until the last selected operational screen appears.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Patience. There is no need to push the OK button ever. I timed it yesterday:

15 seconds from ignition on until the initial screens disappear
05 seconds from the appearance of the menu screen until the last selected operational screen appears.
I"ve driven away, and had the default picture appear after say 15 seconds.
I can drive for 10 minutes, then try my touch screen, it still forces me to press OK.

You are saying 20 seconds after you start the car, the touch screen if fully functional, without pressing OK ?
I wonder what is different from your setup to mine.:confused:

I"ll time mine tonight

·
Registered
9 Posts
I"ve driven away, and had the default picture appear after say 15 seconds.
I can drive for 10 minutes, then try my touch screen, it still forces me to press OK.

You are saying 20 seconds after you start the car, the touch screen if fully functional, without pressing OK ?
I wonder what is different from your setup to mine.:confused:

I"ll time mine tonight
Same as you. Even after 45 minutes, I still have to press OK.
I can use the radio with steering wheel commands. But as soon as I touch the display, I need to press OK.
I guess that system are different depending of the country. I'm in Canada,

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Here is a video what I have experienced since buying the HR-V on August 10: Honda HR-V Startup Sequence

If you are experiencing something different, ask your dealer. Feel free to show the video to the dealer.
Thanks Selden!
Sometimes a picture(or video) is worth a thousand words.

I"m thinking this might be a regional difference as Sebass suggested.
I"m in Canada.as well.
I might stop by the dealer and test in a demo car one day if I"m bored just to rule out something self induced that I"ve changed since i got the car.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
So the theory is the US models behave like Selden's video and don't require the OK button be pushed,

AND

Canadian models do require OK to be pushed

Do anyone on the forum have a model that refutes this hypothesis ?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
There is an advanced settings function, but I just checked and found nothing relating to changing this behavior.

See this video: 2016 Honda HR-V backup camera guideline adjustment [Canadian model]

Perhaps, as ddemetra suggests, it's a setting that is controlled by national law, in which case I would expect it to apply to all cars, regardless of manufacturer, if they have a video display of this sort. If that is the case, then the only way around would be to reflash the software for the head unit, something that a dealer would probably, even if possible, refuse to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same as you. Even after 45 minutes, I still have to press OK.
I can use the radio with steering wheel commands. But as soon as I touch the display, I need to press OK.
I guess that system are different depending of the country. I'm in Canada,
I've found that yes, if you just ignore it, it will go away (in Canada). But if you want to use a bluetooth connected iPhone and Siri Hands free, the warning screen must be acknowledged with an OK, before it will work. Very annoying. And to be honest, a bit dangerous and distracting, as I usually try to tap it when I'm driving out of a parking lot while I should be focusing 100% on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Disable Default Pop Up Message?

Hi guys,

I have a Canadian HR-V EX model. Is it possible to disable or auto close that default message that pops up when you start the car? I know in the Acura TLX, that message automatically closes itself after a few seconds when you start the car.

I checked all the settings available and can't seem to get that message to auto close. I don't like pressing the screen every time as it gets finger prints in that one spot.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be sure to complain to Honda and your Dealer, likely will not do much, but if more complain, maybe. It is not a safe in my opinion as you will likely press as your driving. Kind of counter to the idea of it huh.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts