Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yep, same messaged problem here in Ontario Canada.
Very sad Honda!!! Deal breaker for me.
Don't know about deal breaker Roy, a bit extreme. Same feature down here in Oz and very annoying at the beginning. Soon got used to it and now automatically hit the OK button while waiting for the engine to warm up a little. Not such a big deal anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My point exactly!!! Its not a big deal, but a waste of time. I have never read the message ever again, its not even in my mind. It was put their by some stupid law or lawyer that thinks its going to stop and make you think about what your doing when you get into your car. Reality is: Now people are busy pushing buttons they don't need to while driving. If I had a choice, next car, and I might, I could do without the warming.
This kind of design does not further a safer car just the opposite in my opinion. Thanks
Just a note: Heard same warning in some models of Toyota was displayed? Might be a government or radio manufacturer. Amy one else hear/see of this?

G'day mate.

·
Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
My point exactly!!! Its not a big deal, but a waste of time. I have never read the message ever again, its not even in my mind. It was put their by some stupid law or lawyer that thinks its going to stop and make you think about what your doing when you get into your car. Reality is: Now people are busy pushing buttons they don't need to while driving. If I had a choice, next car, and I might, I could do without the warming.
This kind of design does not further a safer car just the opposite in my opinion. Thanks
Just a note: Heard same warning in some models of Toyota was displayed? Might be a government or radio manufacturer. Amy one else hear/see of this?

G'day mate.
I guess you'll be riding the bus once the government requires it in all cars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm new to HR-V. I've only had my new car a couple days. Everytime I turn on the car I get a notice that comes across my touchscreen talking about driver responsibility or something of that nature. Will this eventually go away or is there a way I have to manually go in and make it go away. Or am I stuck with this warning I have to press ok to everytime I drive my car. Please help.

·
Registered
422 Posts
the lawyers say you are stuck with it, sadly.
considering how long it takes the radio to boot up anyway.... this is not as annoying as it could be !

(and occasionally you will get the Honda reminder to update you Maps too !)

·
Registered
414 Posts
So I'm new to HR-V. I've only had my new car a couple days. Everytime I turn on the car I get a notice that comes across my touchscreen talking about driver responsibility or something of that nature. Will this eventually go away or is there a way I have to manually go in and make it go away. Or am I stuck with this warning I have to press ok to everytime I drive my car. Please help.
You don't have to press OK at all, ever again. It will always appear, because it is a legal notice, but if you do absolutely nothing and don't press OK that notice disappears on its own. If you've paired your phone to the car, the screen will also notify you that your phone is connected once it does so. That notice also shows for a moment and then that notice disappears, too. (that might not happen on the newer models with Car Play. I see that bluetooth notice on my 2017)

It might help if you spend some time looking over the owner's manual and then looked around at the dashboard or anywhere inside to check out what it says and what you observe. Being familiar will make you more comfortable with things that are routine. Also recommend you immediately check the air pressure in your spare tire. My dealer handed over the car with the spare badly underinflated. Might be very inconvenient to use it with not enough air in it! Get a little more familiar and make sure tools, jack and spare are ready for use. (And may you never actually need them).

Enjoy your new car!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts