Honda HR-V Forum banner

Display Cutting To Black

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  keepitelegant 
#1 ·
i have a 2016 hrv and yesterday while playing pandora through the bluetooth option.. the display immediately cut to black and then about 20 seconds later restarted. any idea why this would happen? i have never seen this occur and i have had the car since july 2015.

#2 ·
Possibly bad battery or bad connection somewhere causing voltage drops.... But more likely is a failing head unit. Honestly what you're seeing is pretty rare, you'd be one of the first to report the issue so I'm guessing

#5 ·
I’ve gotten this all the time since 2015. Seems to happen when my iPod on USB gets to about 800 songs on shuffle. It almost confuses the head unit when I click next. I have better luck with Bluetooth and my iPhone but it still will occasionally completely reboot while driving and start over any connected music device. Had it recently go off and stay black while in line for a ferry in accessory mode... turns out it was the battery failing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.