Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 HR-V LX Modern Steel Metallic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 LX here. I just ordered a set of red H emblems for the front and back. I scrounged around online and found a set of instructions for removing the logo on the College Hills Honda site. The process involves removing the entire front bumper and the front grill to get access to the push nuts. For the back, you have to remove the license trim.

I can take off the bumper if I have to, but I'd rather not. I'd be happy only sticking on the new emblem and not reapplying the push nuts from the back.

Is it really not possible to just tug off the emblems from the outside?

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I’d very carefully pry it off and wouldn’t care about the pins, stick it back on with two sided exterior 3M tape like the rest of the badges, it’ll never move.Be careful prying it off, you don’t want to dent the metal. If I knew where the pins are I might use a large drill to release them.

Reactions: Phalkon30

·
Registered
305 Posts
Unless you can get under the car and get a hand under and into the back of that bumber to get those push nuts - maybe remove that top plastic panel along the top of the radiator and is there access that way ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you can get under the car and get a hand under and into the back of that bumber to get those push nuts - maybe remove that top plastic panel along the top of the radiator and is there access that way ??
I'd like to think that would work, but then why would the official Honda instructions have the tech removing the entire bumper?

I will poke around under that first cover to see though, that's a good idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’d very carefully pry it off and wouldn’t care about the pins, stick it back on with two sided exterior 3M tape like the rest of the badges, it’ll never move.Be careful prying it off, you don’t want to dent the metal. If I knew where the pins are I might use a large drill to release them.
I like the idea of drilling out the pins, at least on the front where it won't matter as much if I miss. Had thought about cutting the old emblem into pieces, like removing a wisdom tooth, but your way sounds better.

I'll try to pry it off first, and if that doesn't work then I'll go after the pins.

I don't want a drill anywhere near the paint under the back emblem though. At least for that one the trim you have to remove is less invasive than removing the bumper.

Will take pics of the process as I do it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think the instructions are for the Honda dealership to allow for a proper job and protection of finish parts etc.
ie They show tape over the headlights to protect from scratches etc. too. Somestuff is overkill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts