Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brought my car for paint protection, found some dents above window frame after completion. If you're going for car detailing or doing own washing, do not apply body weight on those delicate frames.

3 minor dents can be found after detailing.

Repairs at PDR (Paintless Dents Repair)

Impressive workmanship, good as new.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha.....I can't put the blame on this guy, I'll do the same if I were him. It's natural for us to support own body weight with one hand pressing the frame in order to reach the other side. Natural reaction.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wow... does it seem to anyone else that the frame is unreasonably weak if leaning on one hand can dent it?? I'm not thinking safety; I'm sure there's a strongly engineered rollover frame. Just the potential for getting just this kind of damage, especially if you have the racks and are up there taking things on and off.

Makes me wonder about the strength of other body panels, like doors, fenders, hood etc. Maybe one of you new owners can go out and bang around a bit, see how easy it is to dent the panels! ;)

Seriously, though, this does concern me a bit.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I
Wow... does it seem to anyone else that the frame is unreasonably weak if leaning on one hand can dent it?? I'm not thinking safety; I'm sure there's a strongly engineered rollover frame. Just the potential for getting just this kind of damage, especially if you have the racks and are up there taking things on and off.

Makes me wonder about the strength of other body panels, like doors, fenders, hood etc. Maybe one of you new owners can go out and bang around a bit, see how easy it is to dent the panels!

Meh. I've done the same with the front fender on my old Toyota Avalon while working under the hood. Right on the fricken top of the fender where it meets the hood.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've done the same on my Civic Si Ep3 for Fender and it's a matter of how much force you press against it. I was fixing my Rally Armor mudflaps and it got bent.

Reactions: Xccess

·
Registered
514 Posts

Makes me wonder about the strength of other body panels, like doors, fenders, hood etc. Maybe one of you new owners can go out and bang around a bit, see how easy it is to dent the panels! ;)

Interesting take on it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm thinking that's why Yakima didn't make a roof rack for the 2015 Fit after previously having racks for the two prior generations, it was something about the roof supports in relation with the moon roof (per FitFreaks posters). I'll have to be very careful when I'm loading bikes/skis on the roof, so glad I went for the rails.

·
Registered
615 Posts
This is a good piece of advice. I didn't really think that would happen from leaning on the car like that. Glad to see that you were able to get them all out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow that is so sad!
How inferior of a product is Honda putting out their?

Is it true no trim levels have power seats? I must of misread that one....thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Few brands facing same issues with dents, research on Google came up with Mazda CX5, FJ Cruiser, Oddessy, Dodge Challenger SRT8 etc. Installation of roof rails helps strengthen the frame.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds like a hitch mounted bike rack might be a better option. I've seen a hitch advertised for the Fit. Know of anyone who has installed one to carry bikes? Are there after market trailer hitches or do we need to wait for one especially for the HRV?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for sharing. I wanna cry as my HRV coated yesterday with the same dent. That's why I googling around to search for solution. Abit sad when noticed it yesterday at home (especially when my HRV still very very new).

For the solution, may I know how much the cost to repair it paintless? Which shop should I go? Thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for sharing. I wanna cry as my HRV coated yesterday with the same dent. That's why I googling around to search for solution. Abit sad when noticed it yesterday at home (especially when my HRV still very very new).

For the solution, may I know how much the cost to repair it paintless? Which shop should I go? Thank you.
Just find the nearest Dents repair workshop around you. Let them settle your problem, don't worry about it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts