Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this front grill piece on a few eBay listings for other parts (this one is from a listing for fog lights, I took a screenshot and zoomed in below so others may have a shot at pointing me in the right direction).

AFAIK, this must be an entirely aftermarket part. As you can see, it isn't just a debadged front grill. Personally, I quite like it and if such a look is available anywhere, I'd love to have it on my list of future mods. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it myself. In fact, I've only ever found one debadged front grill insert of any type and it isn't quite the same, it has a similar multiple gill/fin design to the mid-201X accords minus the H emblem. Not bad by any means but this one is basically stock and I quite like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
645 Posts
If this is not an image of the actual grill being sold, and is being used to sell another component it may have been photo shopped so the person doesn't get their listing taken down for copyright infringement.

I have seen similar images of debadged grills from various other car brands when buying steering wheel covers, cargo covers etcetera.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is not an image of the actual grill being sold, and is being used to sell another component it may have been photo shopped so the person doesn't get their listing taken down for copyright infringement.

I have seen similar images of debadged grills from various other car brands when buying steering wheel covers, cargo covers etcetera.
It seems you're right. Under close inspection, the picture does have some signs of photos photoshopping on the edge of the center/right side of the grill's chrome piece along with some unnatural reflections in those areas as well.

Whoever did the edit did a great job though, it had me fooled for awhile. Long enough for me to do a very thorough search for the part in question, at the least. I'm not sure how profitable such a grill would be but I personally love the near-stock look minus the badge. Very minimalist and classy. I guess I'll have to get around to removing the badge/chrome strips and give them a nice coating of black spray paint instead. For me, the future is definitely not chrome lol though it doesn't look bad at all in stock form honestly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts