Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I searched our forum thoroughly. The car is a Honda HRV 2015 AT 1.5 130 hp. The problem is: I can't lock the car by pressing the button in the driver's handle. It works in the passenger door. Closing with the remote also very good. Please help. Someone something? Maybe a fuse?

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
303 Posts
ForEVER, Honda has inhibited door locking via the driver's door switch. Is that what you are trying to do?

This is so that you don't lock the key or FOB inside. o_O

On older Hondas, you CAN lock the drivers door by holding the door handle open or out. Then actuate the inner door lock switch, and close the door (while still holding the handle open).

(Have not tried it on the HR-V)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer. I understand what you wrote, but here I lost a function that worked well before. Without looking for the remote control, I was able to close the whole car and fold the mirrors right after leaving the car by pressing this one button :(

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
853 Posts
From Page 157 of the (UK) Owners Manual;

■ Locking the driver's door Push the lock tab forward a or push the master door lock switch in the lock direction, then pull and hold the outside door handle, close the door, then release the handle.

■ Lockout prevention system The doors and the tailgate cannot be locked when the key is in the ignition switch. The doors and the tailgate cannot be locked when the keyless remote is inside the vehicle.

■ Locking a Door Without Using a Key. When you lock the driver's door, all the other doors and tailgate lock at the same time. Make sure you have the key in your hand before locking the door to prevent it from being locked in the vehicle. The master door lock is the rocker switch with the Locked and Unlocked padlock symbols printed on it.

The only button in the car I know that folds the mirrors in, is the one located on the upper left of the drivers door panel, however, using this method, the mirrors do not automatically unfold when you open the drivers door.

The only button I am aware of that locks all the doors and folds the mirrors in, is when you press the Lock button twice within ten seconds and hold it it until the door mirrors begin to fold in. Using this method the door mirrors will automatically unfold once you open the drivers door; page 195 of the (UK) Owners Manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just checked that my problem description is correct. The problem is still there: the button in the outside door handle of the passenger and the button in the tailgate, lock the car and fold the mirrors. Until recently, this function worked on the exterior handle button on the driver's door, now it still does not work;(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just checked that my problem description is correct. The problem is still there: the button in the outside door handle of the passenger and the button in the tailgate, lock the car and fold the mirrors. Until recently, this function worked on the exterior handle button on the driver's door, now it still does not work;(
Did you find a fix for the problem. My 2015 HRV RU 1.6 drivers side button on the outside door handle now no longer locks the car/folds the mirrors. The passenger side door handle button and the tailgate button work fine. Key fob works to lock/unlock and fold the mirrors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts