Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting in a dealership right now, and they're stumped, so I thought I'd ask you guys and help them out :)

My HRV is a stick (which is seriously causing confusion for them, freakin unicorn car).

When I drive, the doors auto lock. When I turn the car off and put it in park, I have to manually unlock the doors or the rear doors will stay locked. I swear this was not the behavior when I bought it, all doors would unlock. No, child lock is not on.
--Question 1, do your doors unlock in the rear when you put the car in park?

When the car is running, it displays "no key" on the dash, yet the keys unlocked the door (both remote and presence sensing). The car starts fine, but it's like it doesn't know the keys are in it

When I get out of the car with it running, it does not chirp at me to let me know I have the keys outside of the car. It does chirp however when I open and close the rear hatch with the keys outside the car. Again, I swear it used to beep at me with the car running and the keys out.
--Question 2, does your car beep when the keys are removed with it running?

--Question 3, do any of you know where the setting for auto-unlock or chime are in this car? The service adviser can't find it...

I'm thinking there's an issue in the key sensing system, but they've never had this issue.

·
Registered
536 Posts

1: Nope. This is kind of annoying for any passengers I have. The doors don't auto-unlock when a passenger pulls on the handle.
2: Yes.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, I swear that they never locked before...I never had to unlock the car to grab stuff out of the back when I first got it.

If it turns out to be a setting, I'll ask how it was done and share.

Thanks for confirming question 2, I'll be sure to fight that one if they disagree

·
Registered
82 Posts

--Question 3, do any of you know where the setting for auto-unlock or chime are in this car? The service adviser can't find it...
1. Yes. I did change the settings for this. Forgot what I had it set before, but it was annoying and didn't unlock the back doors until you opened the drivers door.

2. Yes - I so wish I could turn this off.

3. The auto-lock is in the manual, not sure about the chime. Don't have it with me right now will check later.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm sitting in a dealership right now, and they're stumped, so I thought I'd ask you guys and help them out :)

My HRV is a stick (which is seriously causing confusion for them, freakin unicorn car).

When I drive, the doors auto lock. When I turn the car off and put it in park, I have to manually unlock the doors or the rear doors will stay locked. I swear this was not the behavior when I bought it, all doors would unlock. No, child lock is not on.

When the car is running, it displays "no key" on the dash, yet the keys unlocked the door (both remote and presence sensing). The car starts fine, but it's like it doesn't know the keys are in it

When I get out of the car with it running, it does not chirp at me to let me know I have the keys outside of the car. It does chirp however when I open and close the rear hatch with the keys outside the car. Again, I swear it used to beep at me with the car running and the keys out.

I'm thinking there's an issue in the key sensing system, but they've never had this issue.
A section from the manual. Hope this helps.

uuLocking and Unlocking the DoorsuCustomizing the Auto Door Locking/Unlocking Setting
† Customizing Flow for Auto Door Locking Options
Off
Apply the parking brake.
Open the drivers door.
Turn the ignition switch to ON (w *2.
Push the ENGINE START/STOP button twice without depressing the brake pedal*3.
Controls
Press and hold the front of the master door lock switch on the drivers door. You will hear a click more than five seconds elapsed.
Release the switch.
Turn the ignition switch to OFF (0 within 20 seconds*2.
Push the ENGINE START/STOP button once without depressing the brake pedal*3.
u Customization is completed.
u All doors unlock and all turn signals blink three times.
*1 : Default setting
*2 : Models without smart entry system
*3 : Models with smart entry system
Continued

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the further replies guys!

I got back from the dealer, it took them 2 hours to diagnose that it was a sticking/broken door switch. I told them this was my suspicion when I brought it in, but the service manager blamed it on being a manual transmition and must "lack the features of the automatics".

Whatever. They're ordering the switch, should be in after the holidays. After unsticking the door switch (the little black one on the frame of the car), the rear doors now automatically unlock, the dome lights come on when the door opens, and the chime goes off when the door is opened with car running.

lbHonda, I wonder if you have a door switch issue and never noticed? They'll look at the settings more after the door switch is fixed, and I'll update when I take it in.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks for the further replies guys!

I got back from the dealer, it took them 2 hours to diagnose that it was a sticking/broken door switch. I told them this was my suspicion when I brought it in, but the service manager blamed it on being a manual transmition and must "lack the features of the automatics".

Whatever. They're ordering the switch, should be in after the holidays. After unsticking the door switch (the little black one on the frame of the car), the rear doors now automatically unlock, the dome lights come on when the door opens, and the chime goes off when the door is opened with car running.

lbHonda, I wonder if you have a door switch issue and never noticed? They'll look at the settings more after the door switch is fixed, and I'll update when I take it in.
Blergh, I hope it's not a door issue. I noticed that sometimes the key fob does not recognize the smart entry (or vice versa) and I have to manually press unlock on the fob. :crying: I guess I'll try to take it to the dealer and see if there is an issue.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wanted to update that I have now resolved the issue. I posted this in a few other threads, but it was two faulty door switches. FYI, there is a driver's and passengers side switch, the dealer ordered two drivers side and I had to make a 3rd visit to resolve.

The picture below shows what I think was happening when it "failed", so if anyone has issues try moving the rubber back on center. The new switch is a bit stiffer rubber, so hoping it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wanted to update that I have now resolved the issue. I posted this in a few other threads, but it was two faulty door switches. FYI, there is a driver's and passengers side switch, the dealer ordered two drivers side and I had to make a 3rd visit to resolve.

The picture below shows what I think was happening when it "failed", so if anyone has issues try moving the rubber back on center. The new switch is a bit stiffer rubber, so hoping it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
How much did that cost

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much did that cost
Free under warranty, but they quoted a few hundred dollars if I remember right for the future

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts