Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my brand new 2021 Honda HRV on 6/23/2021 on 7/13/2021 on my daily commute to work, my passenger side front door window exploded. I drove straight over to the dealership where I had just purchased the car. All they offered was to vacuum the remaining glass pieces that had fallen into the car and gave me he number of a glass company to contact. Honda says that something hit me and there is nothing they could do. They did not even write up a ticket on it. So, no review to give. There were no cars close, no over passes and no homes nearby. It's a brand new car and I've been hyper aware of road conditions and cars near me. I saw no debris on the road. Lucky for me my insurance will replace the glass with no deductible.

Registered
Wouldn't be surprised if the factory over tightened something or there's some defective pieces they're using. I have a new HRV as well and my driver window would make loud creaking noises when the weather was above 80. If I rolled it down halfway it sounded like one big pothole would shatter it. After a few months it seems to have quieted down a lot. So whatever was pressing against it or what not seems to have worn itself in now.

I did tests to see where it was coming from and it seems to be from pulling on the inner door handle shelf where the window switches are. I noticed that if I tugged on it, the creaking would replicate.

Its weird because it was silent the first month I owned it, then started creaking, and now has subsided. Not sure if it was there from the start as I bought it back in Feb when it was cooler.

Hoping it never becomes a problem. 馃

Registered
I bought a 2021 as well and a few weeks in the door window began creaking. This is not normal for such a new vehicle. I told the dealer and have yet to have them look at it. I鈥檓 glad I saw this post. If this is a potential recall I鈥檒l be prepared for it

Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
If you suspect the window is faulty or may shatter, then take it back to the dealership before it happens.

Even if they cannot find a fault*, if it subsequently happens, they could be found liable for any subsequent injuries to occupants.

Prevention is better than cure. You don't want it shattering unexpectedly as, 拢 to a p, it will normally happen at the most inconvenient time or location,

The drivers windows on my vehicle rattles slightly once it has been lowered a few centimetres, however, I'm not that bothered as it was the same with most of my previous vehicles; the glass becomes less rigid in the runners as it loses the support of the door frame holding it in place.

*Ensure you get any response in a printable format; email, text or letter.

No paper, no trail!

Registered
Wow, I thought it was just mine, seems there may be an issue after all. I usually roll my driver window all the way down at least once a day (drive thru food 馃槄), wondering if that helped. I also wipe the outter side of the window fairly often, and every so often use those wax sprays on it to keep it slick. Not sure how much of that helped though.

I do notice that whenever I drop the driver side window, it always has vertical streaks on the full surface of the window. It's as if the tolerance is too tight and it's rubbing on something. But it always wipes off and hasn't scratched the window so far.

Hope it never gets worse.

Registered
Bought my brand new 2021 Honda HRV on 6/23/2021 on 7/13/2021 on my daily commute to work, my passenger side front door window exploded. I drove straight over to the dealership where I had just purchased the car. All they offered was to vacuum the remaining glass pieces that had fallen into the car and gave me he number of a glass company to contact. Honda says that something hit me and there is nothing they could do. They did not even write up a ticket on it. So, no review to give. There were no cars close, no over passes and no homes nearby. It's a brand new car and I've been hyper aware of road conditions and cars near me. I saw no debris on the road. Lucky for me my insurance will replace the glass with no deductible.
I鈥檓 thinking someone took a potshot at you鈥appens more than you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts