Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this warnings..computer reads "Mass air flow sensor 'Air flow too low' " - ODB code P00BC .. checked intake air hose and it doestn have hole just small surface ruptures and mechanic said its still good and recommend i change MAF sensor..so i did and ofc it didnt worked..anyone has idea if its not sensor and hose what can it be ?

·
Registered
914 Posts
well if the filter is not blocked or clogged, and the inlet to the filter box is also clear - then the sensor may have failed or be simply 'dirty' ( dirt oils dust) - it could just need a good cleaning.
if you use a spray cleaner make sure it is for air flow sensors !
(the other throttle body etc. cleaners are too harsh and will destroy the sensor )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sensor is changed and new but error still occurs after drive more then 15mins and under 2000rpm..on highway with 3000rpms error never occurs idk why...maybe I need to check for that air filter..ty

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sensor is changed and new but error still occurs after drive more then 15mins and under 2000rpm..on highway with 3000rpms error never occurs idk why...maybe I need to check for that air filter..ty
wow- could be a damaged wire to the sensor ??- seems odd that airflow when low there is an error- i would think at 3000plus you need more air flow and that would be worse .
maybe at higher vehicle speeds there is a ram air effect from the speed of the car that overcomes the restriction ??

Check for leaves or plastic bags that may have been sucked into the inlet or filter housing too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate your effort to help.. I was carefull with sensor and I doubt it could be wiring coz it never happens over 3000rpms but who knows..I'm going to mechanic next week will see if he can figure it out.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
83 Posts
pff..i changed MAF, MAP and O2 sensor and still having same error..mechanic said i should go to Honda and do ECU software upgrade :unsure: ..is that even a thing?
Are you using genuine Honda OEM parts? Some aftermarket sensors don't read the same as OEM. I've had problems in the past with aftermarket sensors.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
..mechanic said i should go to Honda and do ECU software upgrade :unsure: ..is that even a thing?
During the last two services the Honda mechanics either completed a software check or updated to the latest software as they had removed the dongle I have permanently fitted to my OBD port which sends me an alarm when ever it is removed. I was under the impression these software updates were related to the ECU, however, I may be wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts