Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have several lights on dashboard on. Most concerning is a red, blinking "PARK" when electric parking break is engaged/disengaged. The green indicator around speedometer is not working either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem

Day 1 of having the car at home. "Park" light blinking and the "brake!" light and check engine light are both on.

·
Super Moderator
1,482 Posts
This is horrible. As much as I like Honda, all of these posts regarding several different models having issues is making me think twice about them. That Celaya plant needs needs to get it's **** together.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
This is horrible. As much as I like Honda, all of these posts regarding several different models having issues is making me think twice about them. That Celaya plant needs needs to get it's **** together.
Might be premature to blame Celaya until we know if it's an assembly quality versus hardware quality.
Hopefully they investigate thoroughly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took mine back to dealer with the same problem. They said it was a voltage problem from the battery allegedly draining on the lot. They cleared the code from the computer, then retested, but no error codes came up so it seemed it was fixed. Now a day later the same warning lights as posted above are all back on and the car is going back to the service department tomorrow; I have not even owned it a week. I have owned three great Hondas in my time but could not be more disappointed with the apparent lack of quality control here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same thing has happened to me. I have had my car for 2 months and while driving last night my car randomly kicked into the park hold and would not release . Doesnt even have 4,000 miles on it and not even due for an oil change yet. Bought brand new. Its currently at the dealership awaiting service.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wonder why a low priced vehicle like the HR-V would have what seams like a more expensive feature like an electronic parking brake? Maybe it's actually cheaper to build? Makes the interior design clean and simple, but they could have used a foot pedal style parking brake as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bill

Had my HRV for effectively 2 months. Police called early hours of the morning 19th March 2017(whilst I'm at work)advising my vehicle was in a collision. Apparently the handbrake had failed allowing my vehicle to traverse down the hill and into a lamp post (write off). Honda sales department/ dealership replied to an email I sent; saying they have never heard of an issue with the brake system

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sad story, Bill. Hope no one was hurt. Reinforce the idea that if you park on a hill (downslope) you leave the car in Park, not Neutral, and turn the front wheels to the curb. Depending only on a parking brake, electric or mechanical, while enabling the car to roll in Neutral is a gamble. Best idea is to always leave vehicle in Park.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Had my HRV for effectively 2 months. Police called early hours of the morning 19th March 2017(whilst I'm at work)advising my vehicle was in a collision. Apparently the handbrake had failed allowing my vehicle to traverse down the hill and into a lamp post (write off). Honda sales department/ dealership replied to an email I sent; saying they have never heard of an issue with the brake system
Is this vehicle an automatic or manual? I suspect a manual, but thing like this is why you should always put your vehicle in 1st gear (or any other gear) after it is parked. If this is an automatic, I don't see how this could have happened at all if the vehicle was placed into Park.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. I bought my Honda HRV 2017 brand new in April 2018. I bought this car because I will have to start doing a long road trip at least 2x per month, and my brothers who are mechanics recommended Honda as they are supposed to be very reliable (Have always had Nissans...no problems wihatsoever; traded them in after 12 years each).

The first time I tried to make the trip (2 months+after I bought the car) the red "PARK" light starts flashing along with a "P" in a circle in yellow and the engine light symbol. I had to abort my trip (which I was trying to put together for months, and could not get going because all the folks involved had different schedules and very busy lives). Finally got it together and started out on our trip, was very disappointed as we had to turn back about 60 miles into the trip as the lights would not go off. I took it to the Honda dealership the following morning and they said it was the gas cap that was loose. I don't believe it as I filled up on Thursday and this happened on Sunday and I drove the car every day in between, but for short trips of maybe 30 miles max.

Honda said they ran tests and found nothing wrong with the car. I am very worried about trying to do this trip again. Any help will be appreciated. I guess they reset it because the lights went off.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
If it happens again try going to a parts store and have them run the codes for you. It will be free, take 15 minutes, and get you an unbiased answer.

That's not a common issue that I've seen on this car for what it's worth.

I have had something similar on my VW when the charging system failed and the voltage dropped. Do you drive lots of little short trips normally? Maybe they're not long enough to charge the system properly? Maybe your battery is prematurely failing? That's another thing a parts store can test for you

1 - 20 of 70 Posts