Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Hoping for some help. December of 2020 my HRV decided to fritz out. Alarm would go off sporadically and then the dashboard lights would rapidly flash on and off with a clicking noise coming from the fuse box. I did replace the battery and all seemed okay. Until it started back up about a month after replacing the battery. Could there be a short somewhere in the electrical system or could it be something else? Help!

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
262 Posts
It is always worth checking to assure that the terminal connections on the battery are still tight.

Try and twist (pivot) the terminals without loosening them. If you can turn them, try to tighten them...

But, I'm warning you, some batteries have smaller terminals than Honda's clamps can grasp. You MAY need to fit 'battery terminal shims' if that is the case.

Just looked, less that $3 USD from AutoZone.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Did you have any after market add ons like a security system or audio or auto start. Some of those items if not installed correctly can really screw up a vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all! Hoping for some help. December of 2020 my HRV decided to fritz out. Alarm would go off sporadically and then the dashboard lights would rapidly flash on and off with a clicking noise coming from the fuse box. I did replace the battery and all seemed okay. Until it started back up about a month after replacing the battery. Could there be a short somewhere in the electrical system or could it be something else? Help!
Did find out what was causing it to fritz out on you? My Hrv is doing it too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dis you find out issue? My hrv is doing the same exact thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did find out what was causing it to fritz out on you? My Hrv is doing it too.
I did not. I’ve come to the conclusion it might be the BATTERY CURRENT SENSOR that connects to the negative battery terminal. But finding one to replace it is what I’m having a tough time with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts