Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
I didn't have to remove anything on the drivers side. It was within easy reach. I'll probably take some pics when I do the passenger side.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The problem I had with the drivers side was that I needed to get both hands on the horn - one to hold the bracket and one to turn the wrench. It was really tight but I got to it from the top. The passenger side had lots more room. Great new sound was worth the effort.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
The bolt on the driver side was tight. Not much leverage, but I got it turn with one hand eventually.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
I finally got the passenger side horn in. Good thing the panel is flexible, The decibel on the replacements and OEMs are the same just different tone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just can't see spending money to change something that I've used maybe once in nearly 30 years of driving....but, I guess, whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just can't see spending money to change something that I've used maybe once in nearly 30 years of driving....but, I guess, whatever floats your boat.
If I only used my horn once in 30 years I certainly wouldn't bother either.

However, I do use my horn quite regularly being surrounded by idiots in south Florida. The fist time I honked the HRV horn it was a little embarrassing with the little "meep". The sound after the upgrade is dramatically beefier.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If I only used my horn once in 30 years I certainly wouldn't bother either.

However, I do use my horn quite regularly being surrounded by idiots in south Florida. The fist time I honked the HRV horn it was a little embarrassing with the little "meep". The sound after the upgrade is dramatically beefier.
I also use mine quite a bit. . .well, weekly? Half the time I just curse at them thru the windows. Yesterday I had a guy in a big Cherokee looking thing, run a 1/3 of his auto right into my lane. . .honked the horn. Embarassing :(

It's well worth the $30 to get rid of the MeeMee sound.

Sounds like a moped, right? Worst ever

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Your info says you live in Saskatchewan. Just sayin... Outside of Regina and Saskatoon, there ain't much to honk at, other than moose. Plus Canadians have a reputation for being more polite than Americans.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can anyone take a picture of the right passenger splash guard that I have to remove? It's not in the tire well, right? Assume it's under the bumper. I got the driver side horn in from the top. The sound is worth the upgrade.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not to change the subject here, but I've decided that Honda installed the puny horn for a reason: to eliminate road rage. I very angrily "blared" my horn at a lady for cutting over RIGHT in front of me and couldn't even be mad when I heard it. Funniest and least angry thing I've ever heard. I sure showed her.........

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wrestled with install, and scraped knuckles since I didn't follow the instructions to remove the bumper. But I got it done. I enjoy the sound of the new horn. Regardless if you use it, it sounds loud enough for another driver to hear the car telling them to look out. Nice upgrade. Thanks College Hill Honda.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
There is no need take the bumper apart. The drive side horn can be replaced from the engine compartment. The passenger side can be replaced using the same access panel for replace the fog light bulb.

The video with the bumper off helped a lot to see where the horns are.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Got my set back on Saturday the 7th of May. Had them installed in about 15-20 minutes is all. Did the drivers side from the top and didnt have issues. 1 handed was fine for me. Much beefier sounding than stock but still not as loud as the Hellas on my Prelude which I didnt expect them to be.

Overall, great item. Price was right and great service from College Hills espically providing videos. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
removing splash shield?

I really wish there was a video that showed me how to remove or pull back the splash shield. I really don't want to remove more than I have to and I really don't want to mess this up just for the new horn.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I really wish there was a video that showed me how to remove or pull back the splash shield. I really don't want to remove more than I have to and I really don't want to mess this up just for the new horn.
http://www.hrvforum.com/#/forumsite/21046/topics/27930?page=3

There's a picture of the panel in this thread. It really helped me install mine. Pretty easy to do the passenger side from here. I did the drivers side from the top.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I was able to install the drivers from a combination of top and bottom, haven't gotten to installing the passenger side yet. I think I just pushed my hand through the plastic under shield without removing any plugs, just kind of flexed the plastic and tore up my wrist in the process :)

After installing the drivers side, I read the directions (DOH!) where it says to remove one of the two mounting plates. I didn't do that...is it worth removing and reinstalling with one bracket?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I took the mounting brackets that came with the new horns off and reused the brackets that were on the stock horns.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts