Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed these this weekend and ended up going the route of removing the bumper. The bumper was very easy to remove. It took maybe 30-40 minutes to remove the bumper. Most time taken was being carefully not to break the retaining clips. The horns are a snap at this point only taking about 5 min each. Then putting the bumper back on is very quick, maybe 15 to 20 minutes. It just seemed like a lot less frustrating then trying to cram in to tiny spaces.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I dove back in and used the factory brackets this time, it made a huge difference in the sound compared to having the double bracket that I forgot to remove. I wonder why there are two brackets even included if you're supposed to remove one?

Passenger side was pretty easy to do from under the car, there is a little vented panel made of a felt material that I removed 2 clips on and pushed it up. A 3" extension on the ratchet made it actually easier than the drivers side, the hardest part was just figuring out where the heck the thing was located!

A little tip from previous horn installs, install the horn with the opening facing down. When water splashes into the horn it can then drain out, have had previous horns installed the other way that have failed me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Before & After

Made a short video of the before and after.

In the "before" clip the bumper is still off and the sound is echoing in the garage so it sounds louder. The "after" clip the car is in an open parking lot. But you can still hear the difference in the tone.

As a new owner to a 2021 hrv sport I would like to upgrade the horn. Yours sound much better...Can you tell me exactly which horn did you use and was it one or two horns you replaced. thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
As a new owner to a 2021 hrv sport I would like to upgrade the horn. Yours sound much better...Can you tell me exactly which horn did you use and was it one or two horns you replaced. thanks
That thread is five years old. You should install some Hella Supertones behind the grill. I’ve been thinking about it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That thread is five years old.
I know but the 2021 has the same horn and it is weak...Would like to upgrade to a better sound...My 2007 honda accord had a FULL size car horn sound...Wober if those horn would fir...its not like they change horns every year or two.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts