Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Week, in Spain, CX-3 of Mazda starts to be sold. The main competitor by segment and concept will take almost 5 months of advantage. Most of us we want to buy HR-V are little dissapointed by that mania of Honda to loose the real rhythm in Europe to get people be honda enthusiastic. Please!!! why must we wait so long? One thing to be corrected by Honda in my opinion.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Welcome Ramond.

I understand your frustration. As a Canadian, I'm used to getting many things much later, with fewer choices, and usually for more money than those just a few miles away in the US. We even have to wait until July for the HRV, while the Americans get theirs in two weeks. At least this time, though, our prices are lower and content better than the US models. Looks like we're getting similar features to the European HRV, things like dual-zone climate on EX and EXL, and ADAS on EXL.

I have to think the delay for Europe is because your cars will be made alongside the North American cars in Mexico. Honda seems to be focussing plant capacity on the US market initially.

If it's any consolation, I've been anxious for this car since last summer, expected initially in October. Frustrating, but the time passes, and now the wait's almost over. Try to be patient, and hopefully it will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ramond, at least in a week we'll have more information about prices in Europe (Barcelona International Moto Show 9-17 May), Honda has already confirmed this. They'll also take orders then.

I've been waiting for a long time, at least I hope to have my new HR-V before the end of the year :|

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks your answer both! Do you really think in Barcelona can take orders too? Any advantage order the HR-V there and not in local car dealership? i'll be there in Barcelona: first to enjoy that great city...second take a look to verify this car deserves wait so long (from last year in my case...).

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer just called me. He has all the information available now: trims, prices, colors... He couldn't tell me anything yet, he still hasn't read all of it. Apparently calling me first was his priority :)

Tomorrow I'll go to see him, look at the information and know the price of the 1.5L 130cv CVT.

So ramond, you could try calling a Honda dealer, they probably have the information too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They have all the information (training session was yesterday), but can't say anything until Saturday 9th at the Barcelona Motor Show. I'll be there on the 11th.

They'll take orders then, and those first HR-V's will have a discount. The only dealers will be from Barcelona and Lleida (they have the exclusive for 4 months), the rest can't take orders until September.

First HR-Vs will arrive in September to those who order during the Barcelona Motor Show.

I don't know anything about the rest of Europe, sorry. But your dealer sure will have the information very soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you.
I wasn't interested much in the delivery times, but in the European trims and prices, so I'll wait for the show

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm waiting for th HR-V from last year. yesterday i made a phonecall to my local dealership to know they had two invitation to Barcelona motor show. The answer was simply and Sharp: not. we have no business there. Poor answer to be a high Brand like Honda. I dont like that way of selling illusions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm waiting for th HR-V from last year. yesterday i made a phonecall to my local dealership to know they had two invitation to Barcelona motor show. The answer was simply and Sharp: not. we have no business there. Poor answer to be a high Brand like Honda. I dont like that way of selling illusions.
Wow, how rude. My dealer (Ilermotor) offered me invitations to the Barcelona Motor Show without me asking.

Tomorrow we'll know prices and what is in all trims (Comfort, Sport and Executive), so only 24h left :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honda Spain is specially wierd clumsy to excite their products in Spain. Low selling number probably comes from that fault.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, how rude. My dealer (Ilermotor) offered me invitations to the Barcelona Motor Show without me asking.

Tomorrow we'll know prices and what is in all trims (Comfort, Sport and Executive), so only 24h left :)
Any news from Spain? I searched internet without any success :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
What I want: 1.5L 130cv CVT Executive

Barcelona Motor Show Price: 26.755€

They don't have price for the Comfort trim, the first HR-V to arrive in September will only be Elegance and Executive.

For more information you can contact Ilermotor or Ibertecno, the first ones to sell the HR-V. Other dealers apparently know nothing yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
What I want: 1.5L 130cv CVT Executive

Barcelona Motor Show Price: 26.755€

They don't have price for the Comfort trim, the first HR-V to arrive in September will only be Elegance and Executive.

For more information you can contact Ilermotor or Ibertecno, the first ones to sell the HR-V. Other dealers apparently know nothing yet.
Thank you, I hope a little less.
If we consider the difference for the Diesel engine and that the Navi is only on the executive trim, the price is too high for me.
The Mazda cx-3 is at 23.9k with all I need, even if I hoped for a little more space.
:(

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think Honda prices and structures their vehicles in such a way because they know they can get away with it, knowing people go to Honda for care-free ownership from their long standing positive history, its that loyalty that does well for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In Europe Honda is a niche differently from others country and they didn't seem to be learning.
That loyalty in Europe is towards Germans cars, that's the reason why we don't have many models that you have in U.S. and some others are dismissing or reducing configurations.
The HRV is the right model for Europe but if they want to sell it well, they have to dismiss policies like "Navi only on the premium trim" that they often used in past

·
Registered
751 Posts
Agree! At least here in North America we have honda's iphone nav app and HondaLink... I'm not sure that option's available in Europe, in fact I believe you get a different (Android-driven) infotainment system? Perhaps the whole HondaLink thing is the reason we don't get the fancier operating system here.

I'm not really complaining, since we get some features in Canada (especially dual-zone climate control) that aren't available in the US.

I'd like to see the colour options list for Europe, if anyone's seen it, as I suspect Canada may get the same set, which may or may not match the US options.

Cheers...

p.s. I did see the list of colours in the image above, which I think match the US list (though with different names, in Spanish(?)), but it doesn't seem to indicate what colours are available with each trim level... that's the info I'm missing.

p.p.s. Actually, it looks like you get two Blue colours, and no green, which would be a shame... that's maybe my favourite colour, from pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very few car maker in Europe (at least in Italy) bind colors to trim levels.
Can happen to have some special trim version (i.e. Peugeot 2008 Black Matt) later in the production.
Color like this green are not appealing, I think that is part of the configuration reduction that I stated before like the 4WD not coming in Europe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Think about it this way. The longer you wait the more issues there are for us to find and Honda to fix. It's more like winning really ;)

Welcome to the site!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts