Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
The HRV chassis makes a lot of sense to convert I think, use the magic seat gas tank layout to put the battery underneath while keeping storage. Pretty cool

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Registered
It extends beyond the gas tank layout to the rear passenger seats, making it independent of the magic seat layout.

It basically becomes the entire floorboard of the passenger cabin.

~~~~~

On a side note, I just noticed that the AWD versions have two fuel pumps. I didn't realize until I looked it up just now at hondapartsnow website. Then I googled and saw this:

The Fit and FWD versions of the HR-V both have centrally located fuel pumps, but that wouldn't work with the driveshaft going down the middle.

Registered
Two fuel pumps? Video shows dual fuel tanks under both seats which is pretty cool to get to 13 gallons.
It鈥檚 not two tanks, but one tank with a hump up the middle to make room for the driveshaft. But since it now has two separated low points, it uses a main pump on one side with a sub pump on the other. They both have the floats for the fuel meter, so I think the sub pump only activates when its side has more fuel than the other.

But yeah, EV HR-V looks cool. :whistle:

But in seriousness, they did something similar for the Fit and released the EV Fit in the states for only two years as a lease only program. It might鈥檝e just been them testing the waters at that time. They could bring it over as a normal retail vehicle, or not at all... only time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts