Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the doors not auto lock when you open/close the Rear Hatch? When I close my rear hatch and walk away I det a stream of beeps like a door isn't closed all the way. Drivers door works fine. Is this normal?

·
Registered
769 Posts
In my 2016 HRV EXL the doors do not lock automatically under any circumstance. They will unlock automatically if I touch the front door handles. The hatch will unlock automatically when the rear hatch handle is touched.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do the doors not auto lock when you open/close the Rear Hatch? When I close my rear hatch and walk away I det a stream of beeps like a door isn't closed all the way. Drivers door works fine. Is this normal?
Maybe you're too close and it thinks the fob is inside the tailgate?

In my 2016 HRV EXL the doors do not lock automatically under any circumstance. They will unlock automatically if I touch the front door handles. The hatch will unlock automatically when the rear hatch handle is touched.
I guess walk away auto-lock was part of the refresh as the OP has a 2019 EX (according to their post history anyway).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it must be a defective/misaligned switch or something. Last time it let out the string of beeps telling me it hadn't locked I went back, opened hatch and closed it again and it worked. I looked and I can't find where the switch is that tells it the door is open? Does anyone know where it is?

·
Registered
467 Posts
It must be part of the rear door latch, and for some reason it did not think it was closed at first...did it say a door was still open on the dash?...I see no apparent "switch"....like I find on the other doors. Remember to look on the door for a switch too

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It must be part of the rear door latch, and for some reason it did not think it was closed at first...did it say a door was still open on the dash?...I see no apparent "switch"....like I find on the other doors. Remember to look on the door for a switch too
I didn't loom at the dash. I think it has done it when just exiting drivers side as well. I probably should have posted this in another forum.
Saturday it refused to unlock the door for me, even when I pushed the button. I had to use the button on the remote to open the door. Maybe the battery in the remote is weak? I have switched to my spare fob, Will see how that goes. I wouldn't think the remote battery could be weak, the car was new last April, but you never know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 2019, I get the long series of beeps on any door occasionally. I recently figured out that it is because I do not wait the 2-3 seconds after closing the door for it to beep once. After that, I can walk away and it will autolock for me. If I move too quickly, I get the beeps and it doesn't lock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On my 2019, I get the long series of beeps on any door occasionally. I recently figured out that it is because I do not wait the 2-3 seconds after closing the door for it to beep once. After that, I can walk away and it will autolock for me. If I move too quickly, I get the beeps and it doesn't lock.
I havent tried waiting 2 or 3 seconds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2019 EX beeps once, then again when so many feet away, letting me know both the immobilized and locks have been set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts