Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this happen 3 or 4 times in the last few months. I've got an iPod Nano hooked up to USB and play that on shuffle connected to "iPod" and it seems after 400 songs or so the song starts to cut out like a skipping record and then the screen goes black and the whole Navi/Radio system shuts down WHILE DRIVING and then reboots with the full Honda logo screen and the obnoxious warning and everything as if I had just started the car. This just happened again a few days ago while I was on the interstate driving through rush hour traffic in Downtown Seattle... very bad timing. Not sure if there's a firmware update or something is corrupted or what. Anyone else experiencing this? I figured I'd bring it up at my first service appointment. I bought the car in May and I'm still only at 50% oil life so it might be a while until the service light comes on for my first visit.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Does it crash if you do not have the iPod connected? Can you copy your music library to a flash drive and see if there is any difference?

If it continues to crash, I would think that the service department would be able to reflash the software in the head unit. If it happens after that, insist on a replacement. Also, take a close look at your warranty booklet, as I don't know if the warranty coverage differs for something like the radio/satnav unit, vs things like power train components. It should be 36 months/36,000 miles, but better to be certain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this happen 3 or 4 times in the last few months. I've got an iPod Nano hooked up to USB and play that on shuffle connected to "iPod" and it seems after 400 songs or so the song starts to cut out like a skipping record and then the screen goes black and the whole Navi/Radio system shuts down WHILE DRIVING and then reboots with the full Honda logo screen and the obnoxious warning and everything as if I had just started the car. This just happened again a few days ago while I was on the interstate driving through rush hour traffic in Downtown Seattle... very bad timing. Not sure if there's a firmware update or something is corrupted or what. Anyone else experiencing this? I figured I'd bring it up at my first service appointment. I bought the car in May and I'm still only at 50% oil life so it might be a while until the service light comes on for my first visit.
I know I’m a little late to respond but I have had mine checked in dealership and they could never duplicate. It usually happens while engine is running and trying to scroll through stations on Pandora or iPod (iPhone).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts