Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I have just missed these posts or not, but I test drove my soon to be '23 HR-V EX-L yesterday and was blown away by the sound system! I connected the wireless Carplay and adjusted the bass, treble, mid-range and balance to my liking and cranked it up! What a pleasant surprise!

I haven't found much in the way of audio reviews thus far and I've looked. Given the lack of info, my expectations were pretty low. So I went into this test drive with poor expectations of both the sound system and the car's acceleration. Then why look at the car in the first place? I'm a loyal Honda owner and the Pilot is just too much car and the CR-V is too much GGG (granpa grocery getter).

Let's get back to the sound... so what does the system sound like? Loud, clear, rich with no distortion! While I knew there was no sub woofer, I was still very pleased to hear that there was a good deal of bass. Much more than I expected at least. You're not going to get stares from your neighbor at a stop light "bumping beats", but inside the cabin, you should be very happy. Is this on par with a McIntosh or Bang and Olfson system? Absolutely not, but I can tell you it beats the Hyundai Tucson Bose branded system on volume and clarity outright.

The response from the wireless carplay was decent. I had read that some weren't happy with the delay between the phone and the system, but I barely noticed the lag switching from song to song. Not sure if there are more prominent times when the lag is more pronounced, but it didn't bother me at all.

So now that the sounds system passes the test with flying colors, what about that acceleration? Meh, it's really irrelevant. My '22 pilot launched from 0 like a rocket, but I also didn't get much more than 20 miles per gallon. And do I really need to be racing people from a stop light often? And how many times do I find myself passing cars on a two lane road? Maybe 2-3 times a year? Maybe? The HR-V moves well and was a pleasure to drive. I absolutely love the steering assist, brake hold and adaptive cruise control. Why don't more cars have the brake hold option?!

So while I wish it had a few things like a rear seat armrest, lumbar adjustment and a hybrid engine option, I was very happy with my test drive and look forward to taking my new HR-V home on Tuesday!

Thanks for reading!

Registered
I have the Sport model. Came with the base system, I believe: 6 speakers and 7 inches screen. To make the Carplay wireless, managed it by connecting a Carlinkit 3.0 interfase (inherited from the former Highlander) and hiding it under the trim. In agreement, the sound is pretty good, better than expected. The Highlander had the JBL package and was not impressive, IMHO.

Registered
2023 Honda HRV Sport
I have the Sport model. Came with the base system, I believe: 6 speakers and 7 inches screen. To make the Carplay wireless, managed it by connecting a Carlinkit 3.0 interfase (inherited from the former Highlander) and hiding it under the trim. In agreement, the sound is pretty good, better than expected. The Highlander had the JBL package and was not impressive, IMHO.
I find the sound system in my 2023 Sport quite good and was better that the one in my 2017 EX. The Sport sound system is a step up from the one in the LX HRV with two extra speakers.

Registered
I find the sound system in my 2023 Sport quite good and was better that the one in my 2017 EX. The Sport sound system is a step up from the one in the LX HRV with two extra speakers.
This is my fist Honda experience at all. Impressed with the quality of the interiors. For being an entry CUV pre CR-V (the Fit was discontinued in 2020), is roomy, quiet, and balanced in safety gadgets. Let's see how it ages. I always take good care of my cars.

Registered
I'm pretty pleased with the sound in my '23 LX. I know it's just the base (didn't feel like I could wait for a Sport to show up around here) but feels a step up from my '19 Sport. I mostly listen to podcasts and stream Apple Music. Occasionally live sports from local radio or the YouTube TV app on my phone. They all sound great to me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty pleased with the sound in my '23 LX. I know it's just the base (didn't feel like I could wait for a Sport to show up around here) but feels a step up from my '19 Sport. I mostly listen to podcasts and stream Apple Music. Occasionally live sports from local radio or the YouTube TV app on my phone. They all sound great to me.
I鈥檓 very happy. Glad it meets your expectations too! Loving my new ride!

Registered
2023 HR-V EX-L WHITE
just got my EX-L last night.. ordered it 8/24!!! lol - I traded in my lease of a 2019 CR-V .... according to the dealer, we have the first EX-L in the area. It kept getting delayed. Was supposed to be here late October.

Acceleration is slower than the CR-V but like you said... im not racing people. its fine. Many of the same features like brake hold and adaptive CC were in the CRV but they added low speed follow, which now can actually stop the car... and the Lane keeping works at all speeds instead of 45+ in the crv. the front object sensor scared me last night when I pulled up to the garage door lol. Didnt know it had that.
I didnt realize it has no rear armrest... and also I see the door pockets are small (we had HUGE bottles of hand sanitizer in each door lol.. need smaller bottles now)
Ride is fantastic. Headlights an nice... the sound is really nice! Better than the CRV.
I did notice the slight delay in the wireless carplay, if it gets annoying I will try plugging the phone in.
the wireless charging is a great feature too

not the biggest fan of the armrest area.. i think it couldve been better laid out. Like.. if I run to, say McDonalds.. and I get more than 2 drinks, where will I put the drink tray?? lol I know.. such a dilema!
Overall, so far.. I like it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got my EX-L last night.. ordered it 8/24!!! lol - I traded in my lease of a 2019 CR-V .... according to the dealer, we have the first EX-L in the area. It kept getting delayed. Was supposed to be here late October.

Acceleration is slower than the CR-V but like you said... im not racing people. its fine. Many of the same features like brake hold and adaptive CC were in the CRV but they added low speed follow, which now can actually stop the car... and the Lane keeping works at all speeds instead of 45+ in the crv. the front object sensor scared me last night when I pulled up to the garage door lol. Didnt know it had that.
I didnt realize it has no rear armrest... and also I see the door pockets are small (we had HUGE bottles of hand sanitizer in each door lol.. need smaller bottles now)
Ride is fantastic. Headlights an nice... the sound is really nice! Better than the CRV.
I did notice the slight delay in the wireless carplay, if it gets annoying I will try plugging the phone in.
the wireless charging is a great feature too

not the biggest fan of the armrest area.. i think it couldve been better laid out. Like.. if I run to, say McDonalds.. and I get more than 2 drinks, where will I put the drink tray?? lol I know.. such a dilema!
Overall, so far.. I like it.
I was bummed about the lack of a center armrest in the back, but we really don't have too many people back there anyway.

The sensors all around the car are great, but they won't stop going off in the car wash. You can mute the current alarm, but then it just goes off again. Not a dealbreaker. Still very pleased with the car.

Registered
2023 HR-V EX-L WHITE
I was bummed about the lack of a center armrest in the back, but we really don't have too many people back there anyway.

The sensors all around the car are great, but they won't stop going off in the car wash. You can mute the current alarm, but then it just goes off again. Not a dealbreaker. Still very pleased with the car.
LOL the carwash.. I'll have to remember that
Yeah we usually dont have a rear rider so it wont be a big deal...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts