Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
EX seems to be the pricing sweet spot, which probably explains why LX and EX-L are usually easier to find. I'm glad I waited. My 2009 came with roof rails; I think I have carried something on the roof twice in 6 years/104,000 miles. Of course, if you are an avid skier or bicycle rider, your perspective may be quite different.

I started my HRV shopping in September 2015 with the intent to buy either a HRV-LX AWD or a CX-3 GX AWD. But as I soon learned, the local dealerships didn't have a lot of the low end models with AWD and auto tranny. It was more bleak at the Honda dealers where there was little or none on the lots.

So fast forward to December, hoping that there were going to be some Honda Canada year end advertised promotions. While other manufacturers were offering some good discounts and 0% financing, Honda barely had any. Mazda was offering a free iPad Mini (whoop de do).

So my plan was to visit Honda dealers on Boxing Day and making a deal on 2 HRVs (yes, my family wanted 2 of them) and I lucked out and found 2 in the colours we wanted (white and metallic grey) but in the EX trim. The Boxing Day special that was offered on the 2 EX AWD made it hard to refuse, and that's how I ended up with the EX versus the LX. In retrospect, if you are going to spend that much money anyhow, it is well worth the extra money for the EX considering what the extras you are getting over the LX.

The EX AWD is the best option for a HR-V, I think so...
For who?

Everyone's got their own circumstances (even if many are similar)... not everyone needs/wants AWD. The same can be said for most of the features that differ between EX and LX.

I got the Touring. Sure, I "could've" gone with an EX or hell, an LX. But knowing what I did with my 2010 Fit Sport... going with the Touring saves me a bunch of hassles in the long run.

The heated seats work really in any climate, both my wife and I use them all year around here in Florida because on a long trip, it’s like a heating pad for your back. You’ll appreciate them as you age.

Reactions: Dammit
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.