Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts
The upward angle of the dual tip doesnt look right imop. The second one would be awesome. If you ever find it let us know, Id order one.

Have you seen the Mugen exhaust for the HR-V? Looks really nice but Im not about to drop $950.00 plus shipping for it.

The dual tip looks good ... from what we can see in the pics.

The single tip with the Honda logo is elegant ... unfortunately w/out the, what is it, requisite 30º angle.

Yeah, I agree with you guys. I didn't notice the angle or extra space on the dual tip muffler. It looked fine on my phones small screen.

Have you seen the Mugen exhaust for the HR-V? Looks really nice but Im not about to drop $950.00 plus shipping for it.
It looks nice but for that price I'd get the topline exhaust instead.

The tips that are labeled for the HRV and Vezel look like they go on a straight tip exhaust pipe from muffler. Anyone have to cut the bend off or is it made internally to compensate for the bend?

Attachments

I wanna give my experience on the exhaust tip I purchased for anyone thinking of buying the same one.

This is a universal tip and not specifically made for the HR-V. The inner diameter is huge and it fits very loosely over the original muffler tip. The 2 screws that come with it aren't long enough to provide a secure fit. There are 2 small plates with threads welded on the exhaust tip for the screws to go in. Each plate has 4 welds, one on each corner, that hold the plate in place. 2 of the welds on one of the plates came off and made the screw go in crooked and eventually stripped the threads. Once the two screws are completely tightened, they pull the exhaust tip down instead of keeping it straight.

I took it to my father last night so he can weld some nuts inside the tip for the screws and also make a 3rd whole on top to keep the tip from facing down. I'll post an update with the outcome once I get it back and install it.

This is the tip I bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-R...ash=item36018b9ed6:g:AmgAAOSwxp9W-pHb&vxp=mtr

Gee ... 35 bucks oughta' buy a decent echo can ... even if it does have to come all the way from China!

The renminbi ain't what it used to be ;)

Gee ... 35 bucks oughta' buy a decent echo can ... even if it does have to come all the way from China!

The renminbi ain't what it used to be ;)
Hehe. It's not too big of a deal if you're handy with tools or have a means of getting things fixed. It would suck for someone not very handy to purchase this expecting it to be plug and play.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.