Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts
Ive PMed a memeber on here that went with a Magnaflow wrld on tip. I think I found the one he went with but want to confirm it. Sucks he hasnt logged on since May 1st of this year.

As soon as I can confirm the one he purchased that is the route I will be going.

^^^ Looks good! Very nice.

Question if I may, where did you get the I-VTEC emblem? Also I see you removed the HR-V. I wanted to leave that on DeeDee and add the I-VTEC one but was wondering how the 2 compare size wise? Any imput would be great.

Ive PMed a memeber on here that went with a Magnaflow wrld on tip. I think I found the one he went with but want to confirm it. Sucks he hasnt logged on since May 1st of this year.

As soon as I can confirm the one he purchased that is the route I will be going.
Well the guy still hasnt logged on but I believe I found the right one and found them on eBay.

Hopefully this works.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322058306430

And a link to it being shown on an HR-V on this site.

Post #227 on the page linked.

http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/714-h...ories-do-you-have-your-hrv-23.html#post215785

Im so temped to just order the one on eBay despite not hearing back from the guy to confirm the part # he bought.

Question if I may, where did you get the I-VTEC emblem? Also I see you removed the HR-V. I wanted to leave that on DeeDee and add the I-VTEC one but was wondering how the 2 compare size wise? Any imput would be great.
I bought it off ebay for around $10 shipped. There's quite a few more now than when I bought mine but a lot of them are coming from China. They're a bit cheaper though.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...Xivtec+emblem.TRS0&_nkw=ivtec+emblem&_sacat=0

The size of the letters was about the same. The i-vtec emblem comes on later model Honda's and it seems like Honda made it a standard size for all of them.

Well the guy still hasnt logged on but I believe I found the right one and found them on eBay.

Hopefully this works.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322058306430
Please keep us updated on it if that's the route you choose. I am still searching. I can't seem to pull the trigger on one that I feel would be the right fit. The one you posted looks great, but it's a much more expensive option. How much does a shop charge to weld that on?

How much does a shop charge to weld that on?
Havent checked around. The guy who has done it I believe said it cost him $50.00. To get a good idea you would need to check with exhaust shops in your area. Everywhere is different.

The entire angle thing of the stock exhaust is whats got me and why I havent gone the bolt on route. Im afraid it could cause unwanted back pressure or cause fumes to get into the cabin.

Best fix Ive found, same as this other guy did, have the bend cut off and weld on a new tip.

Havent checked around. The guy who has done it I believe said it cost him $50.00. To get a good idea you would need to check with exhaust shops in your area. Everywhere is different.

The entire angle thing of the stock exhaust is whats got me and why I havent gone the bolt on route. Im afraid it could cause unwanted back pressure or cause fumes to get into the cabin.

Best fix Ive found, same as this other guy did, have the bend cut off and weld on a new tip.
That was one of my concerns as well. I noticed after I received mine that the muffler tip is shorter on the bottom than the top leaving space for the fumes to escape. The wife is out with the car right now but I'll take a picture of the inside later.

Another option is these types of tips for a Honda Civic with the same engine. They have a curve and a hole in the bottom for the exhaust fumes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121815187877

Yeah. After thinking it over again and again, I just don't think I'm going to be happy with any bolt on option. I was hoping to save the money, but I'll just have to go for the weld option. I wish Honda would have just made the exhaust look decent to begin with.

Can someone post a pictyre of it when then get it and have it installed please. It will be greatly appreciated.
This is my first post on this forum so it won’t let me add a link. I purchased my exhaust tip from amazon.com and am very happy with the fit and the look. Just search amazon for Yingchi 1Pcs Silver Chrome Stainless Steel Tailpipe Trims Exhaust Muffler Tail Pipe Tip for Honda HRV HR-V 2016-2017 2018 2019

Close up pic
There is absolutely no reason to weld it on. I use the same as this, it comes off for thorough cleaning and has been rock solid using the 3 bolt setup for 18 months now....;
I remove it for cleaning every 6 months.

I had a relatively new stainless steel chrome exhaust tip that I had previously on a 2014 Civic bought from Amazon, but it never fit well and couldn’t be tightened securely so it eventually loosened up and I had to remove it. But when I got my 2018 HR-V I decided to try it since it was specifically made for OEM exhaust tips that turn downward Like the HR-V had.

I have attached pics of the tip installed and if you look closely the turned down exhaust tip exits downward, not through the rear of the chrome exhaust tip. You can see in one of the pics, that there is actually a hole for the exhaust to exit at the bottom of the exhaust tip. So the rear exit is purely cosmetic but also good because since the exhaust exits downward, not upward, lessens the possibility of any carbon building up from the tip on the rear of the bumper. The tip fits completely over the stock muffler tip and I was able to tighten the mounting bolts very securely so not only does it look like a stock OEM add on, it’s not going to come off!

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting White
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Car Grille
Automotive tire Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

That was one of my concerns as well. I noticed after I received mine that the muffler tip is shorter on the bottom than the top leaving space for the fumes to escape. The wife is out with the car right now but I'll take a picture of the inside later.

Another option is these types of tips for a Honda Civic with the same engine. They have a curve and a hole in the bottom for the exhaust fumes.
TAIL STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST REAR MUFFLER TIP PIPE for Honda CIVIC 2012-2014 | eBay

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.